Freelance Creative Designer
Location: Can work from anywhere
Are you a unicorn? Do you have rainbow hair and smell like marshmallows? Are you a kick-ass graphic designer that also has web design on lockdown, in addition to being able to manage projects from beginning to end? Are you detail oriented with an eye for the big picture? Do you want to work with brands like Hennessy, BirchBox, Facebook, Thrillist, Glossier, and Mashable? Are you light hearted, funny, super motivated, and interested in everything? If so you just might be the person we are looking for.
We are Splash, a full-service, event-marketing platform that provides the most incredible online CMS in the world. We power some of biggest events for the biggest brands in the world. Our product allows users to quickly and easily create beautiful websites for their events. Our brilliant team of engineers have created an amazing back-end that empowers our users to track all the touchpoints of their event from sending emails to the ability to check-in guests. We give our users the power to run analytics so they can formulate a sense of ROI for each event and open up doors to communities and networks that they potentially have never explored.
As a Freelance Creative Designer, you will work with Splash’s Creative Team to define, evolve and apply Splash’s personality throughout our entire theme library, sales pitch themes and a variety of client work. You will be pushing our brand and products in new ways. You will be joining a fast-paced, passionate company that insists on quality and loves what they do. Above all else, your primary task: create a consistent, intuitive, and highly usable experience for our millions of users.
- Learn, and become proficient at Splash’s innovative proprietary software
- Create content-driven web templates that are scaleable, beautiful, and dynamic that successfully display across both mobile and desktop platforms
- Remix existing templates to match brand-specific aesthetic and guidelines for our client owned projects
- Provide design input across both web and mobile
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Art Direction, Web Design or related fields
- 1 – 3 years of experience in Advertising, Graphic Design, or related fields
- Love what you do and get excited about design
- Be a self-starter, independent and motivated to create beautiful things while working well in a team through an iterative creative process
- Effectively communicate your ideas with the team by phone, video or in person
- Have the ability to translate concept into design while paying attention to the details
- Have a solid and up to date understanding of best practices, developments and trends in web and mobile design
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or Sketch. Bonus points for knowing interaction design, prototyping tools and basic HTML/CSS knowledge Major bonus points for knowing good jokes
If you’re interested in joining our hysterical, brilliant, ambitious, incredible team, please send a cover letter and your resume. In your cover letter, make sure to specify which role you have your eye on. And keep it casual!
Your time at Splash will be the most important work you ever do. It will change the course of your career in an exciting and unreplicable way.
We can’t wait to meet you!
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- We offer perks for freelance staff – just ask!
- Please submit resume, portfolio, and cover letter to: Lizzy Hindman- Harvey, Director of Content.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.