Website Quality Matters
Course Review Specialist
Posted Date: Tue, 11/22/2016 – 22:01
Closing Date: Sat, 12/31/2016 – 15:00
Job Position Type: Full-time, non-exempt (40 hours/week)
Job Location: This is a telecommuting position with minimal travel.
Salary: $34,000 – $38,000
Reports To: Director of Quality Assurance, Quality Matters™
Quality Matters, Inc. (QM) is a non-profit, international organization serving stakeholders in the online learning industry. The QM community represents a broad inter-institutional collaboration and shared understanding of online course quality. QM’s quality assurance processes and tools have been developed to improve and certify the design of online and blended courses and have become the national standard for course design. With more than 1000 institutional subscribers, QM serves the online education market in higher education, K12, government, corporate, educational publishing, and continuing education. QM currently offers certification of online programs and 5 sets of design standards (Rubrics), managing a peer review process for each to evaluate and improve the quality of online and hybrid courses. QM runs an extensive program of face-to-face and online workshops and certification courses for faculty and education and training professionals, develops and maintains online tools to facilitate the course review process, and maintains a website and extensive web presence. The program holds an international quality assurance conference and regional user conferences annually. QM subscribers are located across North America and elsewhere to include China, Fiji, Australia, Japan, and Saudi Arabia.
- To support the Quality Matters™ (QM) organization toward the achievement of the QM’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
- To support the requirements of the Quality Assurance Department through implementation of the strategic goals and objectives of Quality Matters™ largely by supporting course review services and related initiatives of Quality Matters.
- Facilitate the management of Quality Matters course reviews.
- Processes Course Review Applications.
- Contact Peer Reviewers and assign them to course reviews.
- Maintain spreadsheet of course reviews and follow-up to keep course reviews on schedule.
- Verify all necessary paperwork has been completed and approve course recognition.
- Answer course review policy and procedure questions as needed.
- Review and authorize stipend payment information for master and peer reviewers.
- Review and submit request for payment of invoices from reviewers.
- Provide guidance and follow-up with Master Reviewers and Peer Reviewers in order to ensure QM’s ability to conduct timely and accurate course reviews.
- Evaluate course review survey submissions and follow up as needed.
- Reviews submissions.
- Follows up as needed on submissions related to policies and procedures.
- Flags surveys for additional follow-up by other staff members.
- Troubleshoot issues and coordinate resolutions.
- Communicate with current and prospective participants/institutions about course reviews.
- Answer course review related questions from current and prospective participants/institutions, organizations, and service providers.
- Maintain and report on course review data.
- Update QM data with appropriate course review information.
- Conduct data analysis.
- Collaborate with the BI Analyst on data analysis.
- Provide weekly status report on QM course reviews.
- Collaborate as a member of the Quality Matters Team.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Work with staff and subscribers in small work groups as needed.
- Work with QM staff to meet the strategic goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in the use of a computer in order to develop spreadsheets and prepare reports, memos, and other documents.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Ability to learn new software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or a verifiable certificate/credential specifically reflecting competencies in administrative skills and a minimum of 2 years of full-time equivalent experience in an administrative or customer service capacity.
- Ability to multi-task with high attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines consistently.
- Strong work ethic with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-moving, virtual work environment.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of being productive in a virtual office environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience working in a distance capacity, supporting other remote based team members.