Corporate Intermediate Paralegal – Retirement Plan Recordkeeping and Administration at Transamerica
Title: Corporate Intermediate Paralegal Retirement Plan Recordkeeping and Administration
Location: United States
- Work From Home, USA
- Full time
Who We Are
Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years. We provide investment, retirement, and life insurance solutions to more than 11 million customers throughout the U.S. But the way we see it, our responsibility goes beyond our clients’ accounts. We’re in the business of helping people live well and empowering them to create a better tomorrow through the financial and health-related habits they form today. We help people prepare by providing solutions that consider the whole picture.
What We Do
Transamerica is organized by lines of business (Life Insurance, Annuities, Mutual Funds, Retirement Plans, Employee Benefits, and Financial Assets), which are supported by Transamerica Corporate (Corporate Development; Finance; Internal Audit; Legislative, Regulatory & Policy; Office of the CEO; People, Places & Brand; Risk; and Technology).
Job Description Summary
Provide paralegal support as directed for the Workplace Solutions Legal department, particularly with respect to qualified retirement plans.
- Provide paralegal support for plan recordkeeping and administration
- Research statutes, regulations and other guidance relating to retirement plans
- Provide paralegal assistance with operational processes & procedures, services agreements, and forms
- Support legal counsel in the resolution of external client disputes and work collaboratively with legal, compliance and business colleagues; support pre-litigation and litigation matters, with supervision
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional working groups as directed
- 3-5 years of experience as a paralegal. 2 years formal legal training or equivalent.
- Exposure to tax, actuarial and/or retirement plan concepts
- Able to establish priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Able to provide quality paralegal services in a timely manner
- Entry-level JD encouraged
- In-house experience supporting retirement plans or at a relevant governmental agency, such as the PBGC, IRS or DoL
- Limited travel may be required.
The US salary for this position generally ranges between $55,500 – $70,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
Additionally in the US, this position is typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at the Company’s discretion.
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of persons and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.
What We Offer
For eligible employees, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support both the personal and financial well-being of our employees.
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus for Eligible Employees
- Pension Plan
- 401k Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Career Training & Development Opportunities
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits
- Paid Time Off starting at 160 hours annually for employees in their first year of service.
- Ten (10) paid holidays per year (typically mirroring the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) holidays).
- Be Well Company holistic wellness program, which includes Wellness Coaching and Reward Dollars
- Parental Leave fifteen (15) days of paid parental leave per calendar year to eligible employees with at least one year of service at the time of birth, placement of an adopted child, or placement of a foster care child.
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- College Coach Program
- Back-Up Care Program
- PTO for Volunteer Hours
- Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Inclusion and Diversity Programs
- Employee Recognition Program
- Referral Bonus Programs
- Peer Recognition Program (BRAVO)
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more