Corporate Counsel at Mango Languages
Title: Corporate Counsel
- Location: Farmington Hills or Remote (US only)
Mango Languages is looking for a head of our legal department who will take ownership and be responsible for protecting Mango s interests from a legal and business perspective. As Corporate Counsel you are charged with reviewing, editing, and negotiating all contracts. You will create and maintain legal systems and processes, turn laws and contracts into company policy, and engage with external legal counsel when needed. The Corporate Counsel is a contributor to the company, supporting other team members and our Leadership Team on a project-by-project basis.
In this position you will need to pay great attention to detail, have solid writing skills and a desire to solve legal issues in a fast-paced, collaborative, innovative environment. Mango is seeking a proactive, motivated, highly organized, candidate with strong judgment and integrity. An understanding of business insight and strong follow through abilities are essential. In this position, you will help uphold our core values with integrity while balancing the legal and regulatory requirements we face daily.
- Protect Mango s interests from a legal and business perspective
- Understand legal and business risks within contracts, operations, employment, and other areas
- Maintain knowledge of our business, our plans, and potential growth areas
- Train and inform team members on how to navigate business risks
- Review, edit, and negotiate all contracts
- Create and maintain legal systems and processes that:
- Organize contracts for easy retrieval
- Facilitate any necessary contract-based compliance training for Mango employees in order to keep the company in compliance with contractual terms
- Create, maintain, update, and drive all legal processes
- Turn laws and contracts into company policy
- Manage legal risk in RFP process
- Identify and ensure compliance related to legal risks such as data Privacy, and data Security related to GDPR, CCPA, and HR-based laws
- Collaborate with external Legal Specialists
- 10+ years experience in corporate or business law
- Legal degree
- Passed the bar exam
- Registered attorney
- Extremely detail oriented with ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Sharp business acumen
- Strong follow through
- Proactively address issues
- Demonstrates integrity
- Experience related to SaaS companies
- You can speak or are learning a second language
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology.
Mango Languages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of a person s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category. All employment decisions are made solely on the merit and capability of an individual applicant.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!