Copywriter at Moneythink
Moneythink is a technology nonprofit working towards a vision of a more inclusive and equitable economy. By 2025, we aim to guide 1 million college aspiring students to and through college while helping them avoid $10 billion in student debt. And DecidED is our next big bet. DecidED is our first no-cost, publicly facing tool designed to bring full transparency to college costs so students have a clearer path to college graduation and successful careers without crippling financial burden.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a freelance copywriter with demonstrated experience in website and brand style guides to help us with a series of short-term, contract external communications projects, including:
- Editorial Brand guidelines for Moneythink and our college affordability product DecidED including brand attributes and voice, messaging architecture and positioning, tone hierarchies, key principles, words and phrases, and other specialized internal brand collateral.
- Proposed updated content architecture for the Moneythink website (in collaboration with internal team members).
- Rewritten Moneythink website copy reflecting recent updates to our programs and offerings in preparation for a web redesign.
- Reviewal and revision of the DecidED website Landing page and About page copy in line with the brand guidelines.
While this is a short-term contract project, we do expect to have additional copywriting needs and projects in the pipeline for the right fit candidate.
- Develop an understanding of our organization, past history and recent updates, current objectives and market context.
- Review existing Moneythink and DecidED brand principles and collateral.
- Create written brand guidelines for the organization that are clearly distinguished by audience/brand (e.g. Moneythink funders; DecidED students and college advisors).
- Work with our team to refine content needed for the Moneythink website and potential fixes to the DecidED website.
- Write clear, engaging and error-free content for our active and prospective audiences across multiple channels (e.g. funders, students and college advisors)
- Demonstrate familiarity with and application of SEO best practices.
- Be responsible for copyediting your own content.
Moneythink assumes that each submitted piece will require two rounds of feedback and revision.
Our ideal candidate has at least 3 years of copywriting experience, has previously produced brand guidelines and website content, comfortable working on a freelance and per-project basis, and is passionate about the opportunity to partner with Moneythink in clarifying college finances for millions of students and families across the country.
Competitive applicants will also have:
- A portfolio of related content samples demonstrating the ability to write in a friendly, approachable and professional voice ( consistent with specific brand requirements).
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar.
- Experience in digital marketing and search engine optimization.
- The ability to meet deadlines and respond to feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Experience writing for nonprofits and for fundraising campaigns is a plus
Location: The entire Moneythink team is working remotely for the foreseeable future and are open to entirely remote applicants.
Moneythink values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Moneythink is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!