- Part-Time, Contract
Who We Are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is an early stage food-tech startup empowering our customers to get and stay healthy. We deliver delicious, organic, healthy, plant-forward meals, cold-pressed juices and snacks to customers in California who want to put their nutrition on auto-pilot.
We don’t want to be just another food delivery startup or meal-kit company. Our focus is on the health and happiness of our customers, and we are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious, high-quality food is purchased, manufactured, and delivered at scale. Thistle is headquartered in San Francisco and we are backed by some amazing investors in the Bay Area and beyond.
About the Role:
Thistle is currently looking for a Copywriter to work with our Growth team on a Contract basis for an estimated 10-20 hours per week. In this role you will be responsible for transforming ideas into words for all marketing, advertising, product, and sales communications(including our website, email campaigns, social media channels, and so on) ensuring that content is lively, entertaining, informative, and on brand. You will report to and collaborate daily with our SVP of Growth and can be based either out of our sunny SF office or remotely.
What You’ll Do:
- Translate strategic marketing initiatives into informative, concise and compelling copy solutions
- Maintain consistent messaging across all channels– from print to web to email
- Write fresh, fun, informative & inspiring copy while developing and defining Thistle’s brand voice
- Collaborate across teams to determine storytelling efforts
- Revise, edit, proofread, and manage approvals for all content as needed
- Work well under tight deadlines and quick turnaround times
What You’ll Bring:
- 2-3 years of copywriting & editing experience at a consumer-facing startup or ad agency
- A passion for food, health & wellness
- Creativity and a sense of humor – beyond writing, you will be brainstorming new ideas every day with the team: marketing initiatives, product names, and more!
- Ability to take initiative, stay organized, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail & the ability to edit your own and others’ work
- Please provide sample of work or your portfolio when applying
Life At Thistle:
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Delicious & nutritious meals, snacks & juice to help keep you feeling healthy and energized
- Casual work environment