Copy Editor at Upgrow
About the job
Upgrow is hiring for a passionate Content Manager who loves working in a fast-paced agency environment, and is obsessed with writing engaging, sales-driving content! You are someone who is talented in crafting landing pages, ad copy, and SEO blog post content.
Here’s what you’ll get with Upgrow:
- Full Ownership – We trust our team to deliver results and empower them to make the right decisions. We care more about results than what you do – no micromanagement included.
- Small Agile Team – No red tapes, no politics. We’re focused on speed and agility on execution.
- Growth & Learning – You’ll experience working with cool companies in awesome industries, and learn to utilize cutting-edge marketing technologies. There’s never a dull moment!
- Awesome People – You’ll be working with smart people who are humble and willing to help each other out to get things done. No more working with jerks!
If you’re looking for the excitement and creativity of an early-stage company with the stability and structure of an experienced agency, then you’re going to love this opportunity!
Recently ranked as the #2013 fasted growing company in America by Inc, Upgrow is a performance-focused digital marketing agency supporting a variety of clients from startups to Fortune 500 companies with SEO, PPC, social media marketing, web design, and web analytics. Our agency takes a full-funnel approach to marketing that delivers results for clients.
We embrace remote working and have a fully distributed team across the US.
- Lead Upgrows content creation team implementing content management best practices.
- Oversee and manage copywriters to write high-converting landing page.
- Oversee and manage copywriters to create compelling, click-generating copy for Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and LinkedIn Ads.
- Oversee and manage copywriters to create SEO-driven page content and blog articles for our clients to rank well and turn visitors into leads.
- Edit and revise all content to ensure quality, accuracy, and that the copy is highly compelling.
- Manage 2 junior copywriters and source and project manage outside content writers.
- Project manage content team assigning tasks, tracking to deadlines, coordinating internal and external copywriters, and ensuring content is high quality and delivered on time.
- Be our agency’s in-house content subject matter expert.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Has experience managing content teams
- Has done copy editing and final review
- Know hows to bring intrigue, journalistic qualities, and an original voice to content
- Has a deep understanding of effective copywriting – both direct response ad and landing page copy, as well as content articles for SEO and informational purposes.
- 3+ years of content marketing experience.
- Strong understanding of on-page SEO best practices.
- Ability to work at an early-stage company with close team interaction and a high level of ambiguity.
- Highly organized, motivated, and a self-starter (you know what to do without guidance or instruction).
- Experience working at an agency or as a consultant, working with multiple clients at a time.
- Experience in writing and/or managing content creation for B2B lead generation, especially software or financial services.
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience with content performance analytics and basic web content editing (eg Unbounce, WordPress)
- Competitive salary
- Bonuses including incentives and annual performance
- Medical, vision & dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401K matching
- 3 weeks paid vacation, plus company holidays – PTO also increases with tenure
- Build a business from the ground up!