COPY EDITOR (WEB / SEO CONTENT)
- Location: Remote
- Job Terms: Temporary
- Hours: 30-40hrs a week
As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We’re looking for an Editor who is passionate about exceptional content experiences, search engine optimization, and marketing to produce engaging content that drives new user acquisition and traffic growth. The Editor safeguards our editorial style guide and ensures all content is helpful and of the highest quality for our audience.
As an Editor, you will:
- Edit content for people in any stage making a hire or searching for a job.
- Ensure all content reflects appropriate brand voice and meets editorial standards.
- Maintain the highest standards of content quality and style consistency.
- Consistently leverage content strategy principles and SEO writing best practices to produce best-in-class content.
- Meet content deliverables for multiple ongoing projects, meeting daily and weekly deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with a team of copywriters to produce content that is consistently helpful for our users.
- Basic knowledge of HTML coding required.
- Must be able to use own equipment (computer) and comfortable working in WordPress and Google Docs.
The job might be for you if:
- You’re self-driven and have a positive outlook. When you don’t know the answer, you go in search of one. You’re resourceful, patient and remain cool under pressure. You take feedback in stride and quickly rally from setbacks. You take ownership of your projects.
- Creativity comes easily. You can quickly edits articles and craft engaging prose in any medium on a tight schedule.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You write well and you speak eloquently. You appreciate simple, direct language.
- You’re collaborative. You’re a team player and a great listener. You influence others through insights, facts and new information—no bluster.
- You pay attention to the details. Nothing falls through the cracks when you’re leading a project. You believe that anything worth doing is worth doing remarkably.
- You thrive on helping others. Your greatest satisfaction comes from working and helping others. You’ll partner with many teams across the organization to get things done for our users.
We’d especially love to meet you if:
- You have experience editing for a variety of digital channels, especially organic search. You know how to finesse copy to optimize for organic search, and have delivered high-performing content.
- You have a strong background in writing and editing. You have thorough knowledge of the English language, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage. You’re an expert at AP Style.
- You have outstanding organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail. No run-on sentence or serial comma gets past you.