Freelance Copy Editor (Remote Opportunity)
- Copy Edit
- Seattle, WA, USA
SweetRush is seeking a freelance copy editor to join our team, this is a remote opportunity. We develop learning and training solutions for a healthy roster of clients representing a very wide variety of industries, including hospitality, banking, health care, high tech, retail, nonprofit, and education.
You are self-motivated and enjoy facing challenges – whether they be knowledge based, grammatical, or process oriented – as a member of a close-knit team. You have a natural curiosity about the English language. You take pride in clean copy – in catching syntax and grammar errors, eliminating wordiness, and pointing out questionable logic. For you, double-checking the spelling and capitalization of names and industry-specific terms is as natural as breathing. You’re also the grammar guru – you’ve got the answers. And if you don’t, you know where to find them.
- Copy edit client learning and training materials: storyboards, scripts, and printed handouts.
- Copy edit materials from SweetRushs Marketing team: blog posts, articles for learning industry publications.
- Create and/or update client style guides in Google Drive.
- Occasionally edit proposals and other documents for SweetRushs Client Solutions team.
- Five years experience as a copy editor in a corporate or agency setting
- Experience working in Associated Press and Chicago style expertise in Chicago style is a plus
- Highly organized and can simultaneously keep track of multiple projects and tasks on tight deadlines
- Willing to work under a fluctuating schedule: work can be added or canceled each week
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Comfortable copy editing in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Google Docs and Slides, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience creating style sheets