Controller at Athletic Greens
At Athletic Greens, our purpose is to inspire fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health. Our core values are people first, life is an opportunity and no compromises. These values guide us in every decision we make. We look for these values within our own team, but also in anyone who works with us. We’ve spent 10 years researching with the help of doctors, naturopaths and nutritionists to create the highest efficacy and nutritionally complete supplement on the planet. We never stop learning, growing and researching. It’s our mission to continue adding value to our products and improving the lives of our customers.
The Controller at Athletic Greens requires someone who is highly analytical, detail-oriented and excited to work in a high-growth, dynamic environment. This new role is designated to elevate and build-out our Accounting function, in order to ensure processes and controls keep up with the growth of our business.
Our Controller will lead the Accounting team globally for Athletic Greens across three regions. They will establish and drive the overall direction and strategic initiatives of the Accounting team. The candidate will partner within all levels and areas of the Finance team as well as with various business partners across the company. This role will report to our Director of Finance and collaborate closely with our leadership team. The ideal candidate will be based in the US, have a passion for health and wellness and will be intrinsically motivated as this role is 100% remote.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 7+ years of experience in addition to a CPA, independently managing accounting processes.
- Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller, or Controller related experience with consumer products in e-commerce, direct-to-consumer and/or CPG.
- Successfully managed to complete an independent financial audit.
- Strong US GAAP and financial reporting skills.
- Excited to grow a function in a startup environment and comfortable working in a remote setting.
- Strong time-management and people skills, flexibility, and multitasking ability.
- You are knowledgeable in all things NetSuite, MS Office and Google Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Impeccable analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work closely with the leadership team.
- You have a no-compromises approach to the quality of your work and are a team player.
- Public accounting experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor‘s Degree in Accounting or Finance, Master‘s Degree a plus.
WHAT YOU’ll DO:
- Strategize, design, implement and maintain effective accounting policies (US GAAP) and procedures.
- Provide technical accounting guidance on key accounting policies (revenue accounting, inventory accounting, capitalization policy, accruals, etc.) and maintain the pulse of upcoming accounting regulations.
- Manage team resources across 3 regions in the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Lead the annual audit process, managing external auditors and consultants.
- Own and optimize the monthly consolidated financial close process in NetSuite, ensuring accuracy and adhering to strict timelines.
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages for our leadership team.
- Ensure the business is compliant with all tax regulations.
- Interface with various external parties including tax advisors, commercial banks, insurance companies, tech consultants, etc.
- Originate and lead all Finance tech stack updates and systems onboarding in close partnership with our Technology team in order to drive productivity.
- Advocate for the Finance team within other areas of the company for such needs as process and systems improvements, data integrity and timelines.
- Closely collaborate with the Director of Finance to support budgeting, forecasting and financial planning cycles that drive our strategy.
- Work closely with our Treasury, AP and Payroll team to enhance workflows, improving financial reporting and operations.
- Develop, implement and enforce Internal Controls across the company, including the delegation of authority, T&E management, and expense policies.
WHY WORK FOR ATHLETIC GREENS?
- Competitive compensation plans.
- 90% premium coverage for top for Medical, Dental and Vision plans.
- 401k – Safe Harbor, up to 4% match after 3 months of employment.
- Quarterly team-wide meetups + Annual company-wide retreat.
- Unlimited PTO / Vacation Policy.
- We provide each employee with a laptop and a personal budget for home office set-up or a local co-working space.
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven, collaborative, kind, and transparent team within a fast-paced, mission-driven company.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!