Contract Manager I
The Contracts Manager I will be responsible for providing contract management oversight to a biopharmaceutical client tasked with providing support in all aspects of purchasing goods and services (e.g. obtaining vendor quotes, statements of work preparation, purchase order submission, invoice resolution and ensuring compliance with client policy and procedures.
- Manage procurement to payment process with biopharmaceutical client.
- Manage requests for service, confirm budget availability, manage vendor cost tables, validate invoice, and prepare reports as needed.
- Submit requests for CDAs and provide follow up with legal department and to requesting parties.
- Provide support in all aspects of purchasing goods and service (e.g. obtaining vendor quotes, statement of work preparation, purchase order submission, and invoice resolution)
- Ensure compliance with client policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in purchasing or contract administration and understanding all aspects of the contracting process.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with a wide range of people. Candidate will be a team player – but also have the ability to use personal initiative and make your own decisions as well.
- Well-organized and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Cross-functional and cross-site team management experience.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Good Clinical Practices (GCP)
- Common and specialized computer software application proficiency and adaptability.
Bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of 2 years of industry-relevant purchasing or contract management experience. Very high attention to detail and excellent multi-tasking skills is required for success in this position.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.