CONTENT WRITER AND EDITOR – EDUCATION
Lumina Datamatics seeks an experienced, U.S.- based applicant to expand our in-house higher education editorial team. Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Analysis/quality assurance of freelancer manuscript and samples for specific projects based on provided specifications
- Creation of freelancer writing specs
- Discuss and make recommendations for freelance writers/editors as needed
- Author original or revised content on as-needed basis
- Identify, build relationships with, and recruit new freelance writers in various disciplines/fields
- Troubleshoot and resolve client complaints related to content
- 7+ years writing/editing experience in educational publishing, including assessment and creative content. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in authoring and revising assessment items.
- Master’s degree or higher
- Teaching experience at the collegiate level
- High familiarity with educational publishing content and workflow
- Strong technical skills, a high level of comfort with and willingness to learn new technologies
- Comfort and familiarity with Bloom’s taxonomy
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Ability to work constructively in an aggressively deadline-driven environment
This position can be based out of our Plymouth, MA, office or be fully remote. Interested parties should email résumé, cover letter, and samples of past writing work to Abigail.Perrine@luminad.com, with “Content Writer/Editor (Education)” in the subject line.
Please note that this position must be based in the United States.