Content Update Editor at Treehugger
Title: Content Update Editor
- Location: United States
About The Role:
Treehugger is looking for a remote content update editor. As an update editor, you will join our Quality Team, a team of remote editors, producers, and fact checkers who work on our sizable library of existing articles to improve the reader experience, drive additional traffic, and ensure the accuracy of all of our content. Update editors may revise outdated information, polish dull or error-ridden copy, and expand text to ensure articles are detailed and comprehensive.
This remote position is ideal for someone who is looking to have steady, reliable editorial work. We ask our update editors to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week, and we expect editors to keep week-to-week variation to a minimum (i.e., avoid exceeding or falling short of their weekly committed hours). The rate is $25 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Research and perform revisions, updates, and rewrites to content as needed according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines
- Fact check and copy edit on top of any larger revisions and updates
- Source and add imagery that aligns with project guidelines and brand visual style
- At least 2 years experience writing or editing for a digital publisher. Experience working on evergreen explainers and/or actionable how-tos a huge plus
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills, with an ability to adopt an established brand voice and adhere to style guidelines
- Able to confidently research and write/edit content covering a wide range of topics, from environmental science and policy to urban farming and sustainable fashion
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Detail-oriented and able to work efficiently, independently, and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!