Content Strategist at CivicActions
Location: United States
As a Content Strategist at CivicActions, you will collaborate across disciplines in a radically open environment to develop thoughtful digital services for large federal, state and local government agencies and the people they serve. This is a product focused role, so you will have a breadth of UX knowledge with technical expertise in content strategy and content modeling.
- Build and implement the content strategy for client projects, identifying and adopting practices and methodologies that best supports the unique needs of each project.
- Offer a content strategy perspective while collaborating with other designers, UX researchers, developers, and clients to ensure that content priorities are understood and considered during every stage of a project.
- Lead content discovery activities including workshops and interviews with clients, subject matter experts, and end users.
- Leverage findings from user, stakeholder, and competitive research to make informed content recommendations and communicate the strategic rationale behind them.
- Assist clients and stakeholders in developing and improving governance structures to support the content strategy.
Other Responsibilities & Expectations
At CivicActions we are a self-organizing company that wants everyone to be empowered to contribute beyond their project work. Below is a list of items that individuals get involved in from time-to-time.
- Participating in internal CivicActions practice area meetings.
- Participating and contributing to product development best practices and educating internally.
- Participating and/or contributing to hiring new CivicActions employees.
- Participating in new company initiatives.
Specific Skills & Qualifications
- You’re familiar with human-centered design, lean startup and agile methodologies.
- You have a portfolio of work demonstrating experience working with large content repositories, collaborating with other designers and developers, and building strong client relationships.
- You have demonstrated experience with content audits and content modeling for content management systems.
- You have the ability to inform a content migration plan by making the content model and content strategy understandable to developers.
- You’re experienced in information architecture and responsive content design.
- You can lead the development of content style guides at the enterprise level.
- You’re comfortable addressing and advocating for workflow changes that support the content strategy.
- You can make the business case for content strategy, speaking fluently about how recommended content changes meet business and user goals.
- You’re experienced with broad research and discovery methods (interviews, observation, analysis, synthesis, etc.) beyond content strategy.
- You can work well within existing design systems and guidelines.
- You’re familiar with designing for accessibility.
- You have at least five years of relevant experience.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!