Content Producer and Outreach Specialist at Nature Conservancy
Content Producer & Outreach Specialist (Remote)
Arlington, Virginia, US
Location is flexible. The selected candidate should anticipate a need to develop modes of working with a core team located in North America time zones. May be fully remote or hybrid (home/office).
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Content Producer & Outreach Specialist serves on the Editorial & Content Development (E&C) team—within the Marketing and Communications (MAC) division—which focuses on editorial coordination, creative storytelling and content production to raise TNC’s brand awareness, expand influence and grow engagement with key audiences across the globe. This role requires exceptionally strong and nimble social media content and promotion skills and the ability to produce creative multi-channel audience-first content that will help drive TNC’s global conservation goals and solutions.
The Content Producer & Outreach Specialist is a creative storyteller with strong content production and writing skills, and social media expertise, who also happens to have a love for nature and working to protect it. They will work with the E&C team to collaborate on campaigns and key projects across the broader MAC division. They will be responsible for building and implementing social content packages and toolkits tailored to key internal and external audiences and voices, creating and editing written and visual social-first content, distributing and publishing content, and coordinating audience outreach, monitoring, and engagement on select campaigns. They will be deeply involved with the core team in collaborating on outreach and community building campaigns to gain content amplification and engagement from external organizations, partners, and influencers.
This person will proactively stay current on trends and best practices to inform creative ways to drive engagement with key audiences and reach campaign goals while maintaining brand guidelines. This person is a fluent social writer and confident with basic social graphic, video, and publishing tools, as well as regularly producing short-turnaround content. Occasionally, they will assist in capturing content in the field and at events. They will coordinate extensively with other colleagues across multiple time zones. The position is remote with occasional meetups in the Arlington, VA or Boulder, CO offices, as well as other meeting locations.
As Content Producer and Outreach Specialist, you will:
- Implement global social media plans and requests by creating engaging written and visual content (e.g., copy, graphics, basic videos, gifs, photo curation)—from quick-turnaround projects to larger ongoing campaigns.
- Write clearly and succinctly to transform complex subjects into engaging content for target global audiences.
- Apply strong editing skills to modify content for optimal social media engagement while maintaining consistent brand voice and guidelines.
- Participate in creative experimentation and innovation with fresh multi-channel content ideas, building conceptual visuals and copy, and assisting with content performance tracking.
- Build and distribute social content toolkits tailored for different TNC voices including internal teams and key TNC executives, and support social content creation for the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer during select events, on-ground travel and moments.
- Develop and distribute social content packages for external organizations and partners to help amplify content and messaging outside of TNC-owned channels, and support with monitoring, outreach, and tracking of those placements.
- Leverage enterprise social content platform and social media creation and analytics tools to publish content, monitor activity, and engage with key stakeholders and influencer community on E&C team priority projects and campaigns.
- Coordinate and execute select reactive and quick-turnaround social content requests and opportunities.
- Travel on occasion to assist with video, audio, and photo content capturing in the field and at key events–including spending time outside—as well as travel for in-person TNC retreats and meetings.
- Be responsible and accountable for meeting assigned project goals and objectives
- May work with vendors/other parties to execute projects/deliverables.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
If you’re looking for a career where you can find meaning and purpose, come join our Editorial & Content Development (E&C) team! Not only will you fulfill conservation objectives, you’ll contribute to the achievement of urgent conservation goals on a global scale.
We’re looking for a passionate, dedicated person to work within TNC’s Marketing and Communications division. Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. We’d also love to see what you’ve created – we encourage including examples of your work, fun or professional. Come join TNC and apply today!
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
- Experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects.
- Experience writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Demonstrated social-first content expertise and production skills—creating and implementing written and visual content (copy, graphics, basic videos, videos photo curation)
- Experience engaging with audiences across social media channels
- Experience working within an enterprise social media content management system to publish, engage, and monitor content
- Efficient in social content creator software for visual content production
- Basic working knowledge of Adobe CC creative software
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Excellent verbal/written communication, proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently within broad communications project goals without requiring detailed management review of work.
- Strong time management skills; ability to design, implement and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, on tight deadlines.
- Ability to experiment and think outside the box and cultivate the creative ideas of others to find innovative solutions.
- Collaborative, with experience working across dispersed teams, flexible interpersonal style, and strong comfort with absorbing and applying constructive feedback from colleagues.
- Experience working within brand voice and guidelines and communicating sensitive topics.
- Experience ghostwriting engaging social media posts for senior leaders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in best practices and emerging trends in digital and social media and content marketing
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Personal passion for preserving and protecting the natural world.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more