Senior Corporate Travel Consultant #NOAM-16954
Requisition Number: NOAM-16954
Location: US-Virtual- US
Where will your career take you?
We’re not just any travel management company.
We help clients travel smart and achieve more.
- The Senior Corporate Travel Consultant is responsible for accurately and efficiently handling incoming requests via multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, etc.).
- The travel consultant is the primary point of contact for the customer and provides active travel consultation towards the business customers, including providing travel details and up-selling of related product.
- This position performs at an expert/senior level and demonstrates an extensive understanding and applicability of all areas in the travel industry. Works independently on requests. Takes the initiative to provide assistance to team members and management as requested.
Sabre GDS experience and strong international skills required.
Must be able to work up to 8pm ET.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Handling incoming requests:
- Expertly use the appropriate BCD Travel tools and systems to complete requests
- Search and confirm travel reservations for the customer
- Strong understanding of a client travel policy and can appropriately guide and consistently provide consultation to the customer
- Provide travel offers and general travel advice to travelers
- Responds to requests accurately and completely
- Excellent knowledge and application of travel supplier rules
- Maintains, actively communicates and seeks expansion of current knowledge of the state of the various travel industries supported
- Provides the customer with the required industry information, such as low fares, exchange costs and penalties
- Can fulfill all requests regarding necessary regulations (DOT, TSA, passports, visas, etc.)
- Supports BCD Travel and client driven initiatives
- Appropriately responds and resolves customers inquiries
- Anticipates and provides assistance on potential challenges that may arise for the customer
- Performs follow-up as needed and within the time frame promised to the customer
- Proactively provides feedback to management to avoid future customer issues
- Accurately processes the complaint (BCD Travel systems and processes and procedures)
- Appropriately displays empathy and acknowledging statements to diffuse emotion during adversity
- Consistently exceeds individual and team goals
- Effectively uses the telephone systems
- Completes reservations with minimal errors
- Consistently follows BCD Travel call/email guidelines
- Adheres to BCD Travel policies and procedures to maintain quality control
- Provides the customer a full recap of the confirmed itinerary
- Responds to the customer promptly
- Provides the customer his/her undivided attention
- Listens and captures information from the customer
- Responds appropriately
- Asks questions targeted to encourage complete responses
- Creates rapport with the customer
- Matches the customer’s tone and pace
- Keeps the interaction moving forward
- Offers suggestions to the customer and anticipates needs
- Is mindful of the client service level agreement in all transactions
- Seeks opportunities to review operational processes and the commercial relationship with customer and provides suggestions for improvement
- Volunteers for additional tasks
- Actively supports other team members within and across teams
- Uses positive language and word choices to avoid negative customer reactions
- Matches the customer’s tone and pace
- Applies proper BCD Travel communication guidelines and standards (clear, concise and personal) to interactions
- Uses correct grammar in interactions
- Minimum of 3-5 plus years’ experience in the corporate travel management industry
- Solid working knowledge of the travel industry, policies, procedures and processes
- Advanced skills on travel industry systems, including Sabre GDS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in designated languages
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment
- Demonstrated excellent professional customer service and problem resolution skills
- Strong problem solving and/or critical thinking skills
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information
- Degree in tourism-related field