Consultant, Statistician at Palladium Group
United States of America
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The USAID-funded Health Policy Project (HP+) advances family planning and reproductive health, HIV, and maternal and child health programs and infrastructure by supporting equitable, effective
health systems through evidence-based policies, sustainable health financing, improved
governance, and expanded global leadership and advocacy.
Under HP+, Palladium is implementing an activity which seeks to quantify and explain the direct and indirect relationships between demographics and violent extremism/terrorism. Specifically, Palladium is quantifying the relationship between demographics-focused independent variables, control or mediator variables, and extremism/terrorism response variables using both multivariate logistic regression analysis and structural equation modeling.
Palladium is seeking a Statistician consultant to 1) advise on the current statistical approaches employed by the project, including review of multivariate logistic regression analysis methods and results; and 2) directly execute structural equation modeling to estimate pathways of impact with mediators.
All statistical work has been, and will be, conducted within Stata. The consultant will have access to all working files and databases. For the structural equation modeling component, the literature review upon which the pathways will be based has been conducted by the Palladium team; a large share of the data has already been collected. The consultant is expected to advise on these pathways, to run the analysis, and support interpretation and results reporting.
The consultant is not required to be based out of the United States as all activities will be conducted remotely. Level of effort is expected not to exceed 20 days.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The duration of this consultancy is through March 2020 and will include the below core tasks:
- Based on a project orientation meeting, follow-up discussions, and review of statistical files, advise on the acceptability of current statistical pursuits. Propose alternative courses of action if needed; execute revisions directly.
- Based on an existing literature review and draft pathways, execute structural equation modeling to capture the direct and indirect relationships between population and extremism/terrorism using an existing project database.
- Participate in weekly project meetings, during which statistical modeling will be a core focus. Advise as needed; support in executing follow-up actions.
- Be available for ad hoc email/phone communication with the HP+ team, helping resolve statistical questions as they arise.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Masters’ degree in Statistics, Economics, or other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- 6+ years of professional experience within statistics; experience executing structural equation modeling with Stata required.
- Previous experience in demography and/or conflict studies strongly preferred.
- Current access to Stata statistical software.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!