Computer Science, Computer Engineering Content Developer at zyBooks
CS/CE Content Developer
- Location: Remote, US
- Company: zyBooks
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
Have a passion for making a difference in the education, careers, and lives of hundreds of thousands of college-level students? zyBooks, a Wiley brand, produces interactive online learning content that replaces college-level textbooks, homework, and even programming lab assignments. We offer the excitement of a young, energetic startup environment with a masterfully engineered platform and high-demand content for the STEM college market. We are dedicated to the success of college students worldwide, having provided courseware to more than 450,000 students in over 600 universities.
zyBooks is looking to hire a part-time author to create and oversee interactive, web-native learning content for Engineering courses.
How you will make an impact:
- Create modern web-based content with concise text, extensive interactive learning questions, animations, and more for a variety of CS/CE projects (C, C++, Java, Data Structures, Digital Design, Computer Architecture, Embedded Systems, Web Programming,and more)
- Work with project managers to oversee external authoring projects (evaluate project proposals, train external authors to utilize the zyBooks platform, review content to ensure quality and adherence to zyBooks’ authoring guidelines)
- Define and implement auto-generated and auto-graded homework assignments
- Maintain and improve existing content
- Collaborate with colleagues on the engineering team to define and develop interactive tools
- Collaborate with colleagues in Marketing and Sales to assist with demos, respond toinstructor feedback, assist with special requests, and more
We are looking for people who:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and organized
- A passion for making a real difference in education
- Previous teaching experience and/or previous authoring experience is a plus
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Location/Division: Remote, OR 97458, USA
- Job Requisition: 46172
- Remote Location: Yes
- Time Type: Part Time
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!