Compliance Officer and Program Manager at LaunchGood
Compliance Officer and Program Manager
- Compliance Full Time Remote
To make LaunchGood the safest crowdfunding platform/place to give to online!
- Executing and implementing platform-wide risk management policy as well as; maintaining compliance program
- Designing and maintaining all elements of sanctions compliance framework, assessing related sanctions risk exposure in keeping with the company’s risk appetite, overseeing the quality of sanctions control processes, and managing and mitigating those sanctions risks to protect the platform
- Assisting in shaping the LaunchGood campaign approval policy, auditing and reviewing all payment flows and processes
- Advising, training, and overseeing adherence to procedures and processes for compliance by front line units such as the Campaign Approval team to meet required standards;
- Identify trends and patterns in alerts, dispositions, to develop risk mitigation and detection policies and keeping the company’s risk management framework up to date.
- Working with our technology solution providers, and identifying others that enable effective and efficient compliance risk management across our company.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration to the platform’s reputation and safeguarding LaunchGood by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and adhering to Policy.
- Working collaboratively with our payment processors to showcase the strong implementation of the compliance risk process and procedures
- Interacting with the Senior Management team to raise awareness of sanctions trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the program.
- Assessing the impact of issues/violations (legal/regulatory, policy, reputational, etc.), identifying process gaps and helping define and manage disciplinary and corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Participating in and managing, as appropriate, various internal assurance processes, e.g., self-assessment, internal audit or compliance assurance reviews.
- Reviewing and investigating potential fraudulent transactions in accordance with the policy framework
- Investigating potential concerns around campaign organizers intended goals, beneficiaries, and fund settlement path and process.
- Great decision-making, judgment, and risk analysis aptitude
- Process and systems-oriented
- Ability to assess complex issues, structure potential solutions and drive effective resolution within permissible statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Aware of general Muslim community nuances/challenges
- Expertise in Sanctions (OFAC, UN, EU), compliance laws, rules, regulations, and risks
- Expertise in Anti- Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) and sanctions regulations and risks
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services/fintech, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof;
- Experience working in an OFAC risk product (treasury/cash management, trade, correspondent banking) role
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!