Community Manager and Evangelist at Outreach.io
Community Manager & Evangelist
MARKETING – DEMAND GENERATION
We’re looking for a passionate, collaborative Community Manager and leader, with proven experience in community building and evangelism. The Community Manager will be responsible for two communities. They will grow and evolve a new community of sales professionals at Sales Hacker, and evangelize a new sales engagement discipline by overseeing The Peak – an Outreach user community.
The ideal candidate feels fulfilled by making connections between people, building and executing on strategy, evangelizing new ideas, and fostering helpful conversations that change people’s lives and careers for the better.
About The Team
Sales Hacker is the smartest community of B2B sales professionals on the planet. Already 145k members strong, this community is at the core of forward-thinking sales best practices, and the ultimate authority on B2B sales.
We focus on creating real, actionable advice for B2B sales professionals by partnering with respected sales practitioners and leaders to turn their habits, processes, advice, and frameworks into helpful content. We are an encouraging, fast-moving, high-ownership, 100% remote team with a strong bias for action.
The Peak is Outreach’s user community. Outreach shares Sales Hacker’s mission to help sales professionals sell smarter and The Peak is where Outreach users share their best advice and get help.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Creating a roadmap for community initiatives and outcomes.
- Defining your OKRs and executing against them.
- Growing meaningful contributions by creating a clear, compelling and enjoyable member journey.
- Prioritizing work that drives improvements on key community KPIs.
- Empowering community members to create an ecosystem of high-quality, encouraging, and helpful relationships and interactions.
- Participating in other communities and platforms to help foster collaboration and relationships across communities and organizations.
- Building relationships and alliances within the industry and community, virtually and in-person, to increase the reach of the Sales Hacker community.
- Represent Sales Hacker as a spokesperson at conferences and events, and within external communities.
- Run powerful social media, events, and other outward-facing efforts that will deliver value to the community and create more member evangelists.
- 5+ years of participating in and building communities
- Scrappy mindset and the belief that done is better than perfect. Many projects are early and there will be shifts in direction.
- You’re an excellent communicator who can engage internal leaders and teams across functions as well as external stakeholders
- You can facilitate complex and sensitive community management situations with empathy, authenticity and good judgment.
- Experience building trust and developing close partner relationships while being remote.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You embody our core values. We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion.
- Experience with partnerships in the Sales industry
- Existing network from a diverse set of communities and social media platforms
- Familiarity with WordPress and community management platforms, forums
- Public speaking, blogging and content development experience
Why You’ll Love It Here
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Flexible time off
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
- Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women’s Network)
- A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute’s Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!