Communications Director at Healthy Babies Bright Futures
Location: Any US location
Position Summary: The Communications Director is responsible for the development, execution and management of all HBBF communications efforts working collaboratively with HBBF leaders and reporting to the National Director
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Working in an integrated communications environment; developing and executing plans that advance HBBF goals and its mission as an alliance
- Developing a command for HBBF issues – and the communications landscape open to them – including a knowledge of relevant media
- Understanding partner organizations and supporting integrated and coordinated communications efforts that benefit HBBF and partner organizations
- Building and managing collaborative relationships to serve the needs of internal program leads and HBBF partners
- Being an ongoing contact on HBBF’s behalf to media, developing strong relationships, generating quality results
- Managing website, blog and social media content and developing strategies to drive traffic to the website and the blog and to maximize consumer engagement on social channels
- Developing and editing high quality, mistake-free content including news releases, pitch letters, social media content and general client correspondence
- Developing targeted pitch lists for print, broadcast and social media outlets to cover original studies and content by HBBF and partners. Targeting, pitching, securing and tracking media coverage through in-depth use of Cision and Meltwater.
- Ensuring deadlines are met while handling multiple projects
- Managing freelancers and vendors to ensure on-time, on budget and high quality outputs
- Managing communications budget
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- A creative thinker who thrives on working with teams in applying high-level strategy and storylines throughout all tactical elements
- Proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities across multiple program areas
- Strategy background critical; able to develop strategic media relations plans and calendars that integrate with programs and with partners
- Demonstrates a thirst for knowledge and learning, and demonstrates continual improvement in communications skills
- Positive, flexible attitude that lends itself to effective internal relationships
- Ability to navigate through an environment of constant change – and demonstrates ability to see and create opportunities with every change
- Comfortable working in a highly matrixed team with dispersed colleagues and partners
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Efficiency in written content development, reporting, presentation development and online research
- Ability to integrate research and creative work concepts into all communications
- Minimum of five years of communications/public relations experience is required, preferably with some nonprofit or purpose-driven organization.
- BA degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, English or PR related discipline
- Able to work and deliver with minimal in-person supervision
- Excellent work management skills
Reporting and Accountability: The Communications Director will report to HBBF’s National Director
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and nonprofit rates If interested in being considered for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and an example of your work including a writing sample to Jennifer Bakkom-Gatzke at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2020.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!