Communications Director at Days for Girls International - DfG
SUMMARY Days for Girls International (DfGI) is a menstrual health and education NGO that is seeking a Communications Manager with global reach and ambition to join our dynamic team. This role will be strategic and hands-on, working closely across teams to ensure Days for Girls continues to increase in thought leadership and funding, reaching global audiences with compelling messages, and advancing our mission to serve women and girls.
This position is based in Seattle or remotely.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with the CDCO to develop and drive DfGI’s digital and content strategies in alignment with broader advocacy and development goals.
- Develop and execute an editorial and content plan, and writing and/or overseeing the production of compelling marketing materials, including infographics, brochures, digital content, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Identifying and stewarding online campaigns and developing new approaches to storytelling and content creation.
- Ensuring Days for Girls brand alignment across all content, developing a measurement and evaluation plan, and tracking and reporting progress.
- Managing social media; identifying and tracking website metrics; proactively engaging with the online global development community.
- Partnering with development and program teams to ensure communications needs are met within aligned expectations and available resources.
- Implement a proactive global media outreach strategy.
- Self-starter with 5-7 years of public relations, communications, and/or marketing experience
- Exceptional ability to think strategically, collaborate across teams, and use limited resources to maximum effect.
- Strong project management experience and demonstrated ability to flex to highest priority projects in support of overall communications goals.
- Innate curiosity and desire to learn about menstrual health challenges and opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to create content for a wide range of voices and digital properties.
- Energetic, creative and resourceful.
- Strong sense of gratitude.
- Experience managing and growing numerous social media channels on a daily basis.
- Diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience.
- Ability to engage effectively with a prioritized network of local and global partners.
- Proven ability to take initiative in a self-directed environment,prioritize and complete projects in a timely manner, while proactively anticipating obstacles and reporting updates.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and simultaneously manage multiple projects at various levels.
- Experience using Google Ads, Google Analytics, Canva, Wix (preferred).
- Passion for global health, women’s empowerment, and experience in international development (preferred).
40 hour work week.
Location: The DfGI team members work in Seattle or remotely.
Professional Level: Professional
Minimum Education Suggested: 4-year degree
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter, resume, and a portfolio or 3 samples of your work to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!