Commerce Editor at Leaf Group
- Remote (US Based)
Our Reference Publishing Group is looking for a Commerce Editor to help create and renovate engaging shopping-related content. You must have a strong understanding of the online content ecosystem and a strong SEO, editorial and writing background. You will also be open to managing writers and other staffers for the commerce programs.
The Reference Publishing Group oversees 55+ of our most promising websites including eHow, Cuteness, PocketSense and more. This is an opportunity to not only impact the editorial quality of each site, but also to play a pivotal role in the growth of our commerce and affiliate content business across all of the sites.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Commerce Editor grows with us. LA based candidates preferred.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: Director, Business Operations & Strategy
A typical day as an Commerce Editor might include:
- Writing 2-3 pieces of content/week
- Pitching and brainstorming new titles, series, and ideas to live across multiple platforms
- Working closely with vertical leads, social, and data science to incorporate data and analytics feedback into commerce content production
- Conducting market research and outreach to new and relevant brands
- Reporting weekly metrics to workshop what’s working and help define content strategy
- Building and managing a network of contributors to assist in editorial production
- Establishing workflow and process for scaling commerce content creation and effectiveness
What You Have:
- 5+ years of experience writing, assigning, and editing digital content in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Superior editorial judgment: You know which stories *need* to be covered (and how to do so in a new, interesting way) and which can be skipped
- Strong writing, editing, and reporting skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time and juggle multiple tasks
- A passion for high-quality digital content
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Previous commerce/affiliate experience a plus
- Existing diverse and inclusive network of writers a plus
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably’s 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that reflects our customers and the world we live in. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply for our roles. Leaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!