Collections Supervisor at Apria Healthcare
- Remote, United States
- Fully remote
- Commensurate with Experience
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The Collections Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of collection representatives who follow-up with insurance companies to resolve unpaid claims.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages most complex overdue account balances that are fully or partially unpaid.
- Develops and analyzes reports to identify problems and trends in Revenue Management and with staff productivity.
- Acts as a resource to subordinate personnel to resolve escalated inquiries with accounts.
- Communicates directly with collection agencies, payors, government agencies and/or attorneys to resolve outstanding collections issues.
- Monitors collections activity and develops necessary corrective action to resolve deficiencies.
- Ensures Apria is in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures customer inquiries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Tracks trending payor issues and elevates as appropriate.
- Interfaces with payors to resolve issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
- This position supervises all subordinate employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management, hiring, and discipline of subordinate employees within the department.
- Typically supervises up to 25 Nonexempt Collection employees
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Three years of related experience, with one year in a lead or supervisory capacity, is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Business Acumen
- Ability to work with large data sources to identify trends and results
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal).
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to moderate noise.
Occasional travel as required.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position.
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet