Remote contract positions… location is not a factor. Anywhere in Canada or United States.
Daily communication and regular online reviews with Senior web architect and company managers is required. Position is available immediately for the right person.
To design, develop, maintain, test and debug software and applications; to determine the impact of new programs on and ensure compatibility with existing systems; to develop expertise in and assume responsibility for one or more specific system functions; under general supervision, to formulate/define system scope and objectives; to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering limitations, operating time and form of desired results; in some cases, to be responsible for project completion.
As a ColdFusion Developer, you will be required to:
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Take start-to-finish ownership of the full development lifecycle
- Organize and manage multiple priorities
- Be responsible for adding new features along with maintaining and improving upon existing code
- Be expected to follow best practices, standards, and coding guidelines
We are looking for driven, motivated candidates who have:
- Web programming experience with ColdFusion version 9+
- Experience with Coldbox MVC framework
- Object Oriented Programming experience
- Experience with creating and consuming REST APIs
- An understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Experience with relational databases, MSSQL preferred
- Experience with an ORM like Transfer/Hibernate
- Comfortable working with version control (SVN/Git)
- Strong self-management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ambition and passion about technology and the Web