Coding Specialist II at Xtend Healthcare
CODING SPECIALIST II
- Location Remote
Xtend offers competitive benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Monthly Bonus Eligibility/Tuition Reimbursement/401k plan plus Employer Match/Professional Development
Xtend Healthcare, a Navient company, is nationally recognized as the industry-leading provider of comprehensive revenue cycle solutions to hospitals and health systems. Sustaining healthcare revenue cycle improvement is our exclusive focus with experience in all 50 states and more than 30 years of dedicated health revenue cycle experience. We are committed to delivering solutions built around the broad revenue cycle needs of our clients.
Xtend Healthcare focuses on both clinical and financial interoperability to maximize the collection of net revenue. Xtend Healthcare provides an array of solutions for our customers including full and partial revenue cycle outsourcing, third-party insurance follow-up, self-pay, coding, CDI, and consulting services.
THIS IS A REMOTE (WORK FROM HOME) POSITION.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for a Coding Specialist II who will work remotely. The Coding Specialist II is responsible for accurately coding (ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, Level I & II modifiers) at least one of the following service types: outpatient facility emergency room, outpatient surgery, or observation; and at least two of the following service types: outpatient facility ancillary, recurring therapy, clinic or professional coding. Will be working with multiple facility-specific, state billing and coding guidelines as well as various Medicare Administrative Contractors nationwide.
- Outpatient Facility Coding (ER, OPS, OBS, Ancillary, Recurring Therapy, Clinic, etc.).
- Professional Coding.
- Completion of Masterlog of accounts coded daily.
- Completion of Time Allocation reports daily.
- Identifies trends and reports to Coding Manager.
- Identifies daily work queue.
- Identifies potential issues or errors.
- Client liaison to communicate account inquiries.
- High school education
- 5 years of experience with coding and/or billing in healthcare revenue cycle. This should include hospital and physician practice. (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience).
- Must take an on-line coding assessment and score 80% or higher to be considered.
- Complete a pre-employment medical coding assessment that is provided, developed, and administered by candidate management instructions.
- An understanding of healthcare billing practices and compliant claims preparation for both governmental and commercial payers.
- Revenue Cycle Certifications: The following are recognized professional certifications: Certified Professional Account Representative (CPAR), Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) or Certified Professional Biller (CPB).
- Electronic health record (EHR) expertise, including knowledge of a variety of vendors.
- Specialty Coding Certifications: The following are recognized professional certifications: Ambulatory Surgical Center (CASCC), Anesthesia and Pain Management (CANPC), Cardiology (CCC), Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CCVTC), Chiropractic (CCPC), Dermatology (CPCD), Emergency Department (CEDC), Evaluation and Management (CEMC), Family Practice (CFPC), Gastroenterology (CGIC), General Surgery (CGSC), Hematology and Oncology (CHONC), Internal Medicine (CIMC), Interventional Radiology and Cardiovascular (CIRRC), Obstetrics Gynecology (COBGC), Orthopedic Surgery (COSC), Otolaryngology (CENTC), Pediatrics (CPEDC), Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery (CPRC), Rheumatology (CRHC), Surgical Foot & Ankle (CSFAC), and Urology (CUC).
- Coding Certifications: The following are recognized professional certifications: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT); Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Certified Coding Associate (CCA); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); Certified Outpatient Coder (COC); Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); or Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P). Coding Specialist II coders are required to possess at least one of the above professional services coding certifications.
- Continuing Education Requirements: Medical coders shall maintain the required continuing education hours to maintain current and proper national certification(s) requirements for this position.
- Coding Test. Pass a pre-employment coding test that is provided, developed and administered by candidate management instructions, with a score of 80% or higher.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Medicare and Local Medical Review Policy Guidelines.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
- Knowledge of computing observation hours.
- Knowledge of coding infusions and injections.
- Knowledge of surgical coding.
- Knowledge of Evaluation and Management coding.
- Must be able to maintain the company accuracy rating of 95%.
- Must meet set weekly quota for productivity. This is a production coding environment and very fast paced.
- Knowledge of the International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD-CM); Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS); and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT).
- Knowledge of reimbursement systems, including Prospective Payment System (PPS); Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APCs); and Resource-Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS).
- Practical knowledge and understanding of industry nomenclature; medical and procedural terminology; anatomy and physiology; pharmacology; and disease processes.
- Practical knowledge of medical specialties; medical diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; ancillary services (includes, but is not limited to, Laboratory, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Radiology).
- Make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
- Utilize medical computer software programs to abstract, analyze, and/or evaluate clinical documentation and enter/edit diagnosis, procedure codes and modifiers.
- Clearly express information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, considering the audience and nature of the information. Speaking and writing (specifically email) in an organized manner is required.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!