Coder IV at Allegheny Health Network
Performs thorough inpatient medical record review to abstract medical information and code diagnoses and procedures utilizing ICD and CPT coding classification systems and encoder to meet financial, third party and federal/state regulatory standards.
- Reviews and interprets medical information, physician treatment plans, courses, and outcomes to determine appropriate ICD/CPT codes for diagnoses and procedures for inpatient population. (65%)
- Abstracts data elements to satisfy statistical requests by the hospital, health system, medical staff, etc. and enters all coded/abstracted information into the hospital information system. (15%)
- Acts as a mentor for others. Ensures efficient management of medical information and cash flow as it pertains to the unbilled coding report. (10%)
- Keeps informed of the changes/updates in the ICD/CPT by attending appropriate training, reviewing coding clinics and other resources and implements these updates in their daily work. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. (5%)
- Successful completion of college-level courses in Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology
- RHIA, RHIT, CPC, COC, CCSP or CCS
- 4 years inpatient coding experience and crosstrained in at least two of the following: inpatient, outpatient surgery/GI lab/bedded outpatients
- Advanced encoder and computer skills
- Associate’s Degree in Health Information Technology
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!