Location: Work From Home, Any, US, 0
Hospital Coding | Franciscan Alliance
Work From Home, Any 0
Trade School / Certification Required
WHAT WE NEED
Detail-oriented, data specialists
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Good learners. Strong supporters. Accurate reviewers. Our medical coders are an important part of the medical record team. Ensuring diagnoses and procedures are accurately recorded is a big part of the job. The other part? Being able to follow state and federal compliance regulations. It’s no small task. Think you’re up for the job?
Are you timely and accurate? Are you detail-oriented? Do you love knowing that you’re an integral part of the team? We’ve got a great place to put your skills to work.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Review and analyze content of medical record to accurately assign ICD diagnosis and procedure codes; CPT procedure codes and modifiers according to national coding guidelines.
- Answer coding and abstracting questions from peers, doctors, hospital employees, etc.
- Maintain coding accuracy rate.
- Accurately identify and enter data elements for abstracting.
- Meet coding productivity standards.
- Identify documentation trends and topics for education/feedback to physicians and departments.
- Keep current with coding and industry changes through participation in educational opportunities.
- Maintain coding credentials.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Careful attention to detail and thoroughness in completing work tasks.
- Thorough understanding of updates from intermediaries, carriers, consultants, vendors, government agencies, third party payers, organizations, to ensure proper documentation, coding and compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of coding guidelines, medical terminology, anatomy/physiology, reimbursement schemes, payor specific guidelines.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 0-1 Years Experience
- Certification(s): CCS, RHIT or RHIA Required
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.