Cloud Security Architect and Community Lead
US-Remote | US-NY-Albany | US-DC-Washington, D.C.
Category Software Development, Tools and Information Technology
Type: Regular Full-Time
CIS Benchmarks are computer system configuration guidance standards that are used world-wide to secure systems ranging from handheld devices to workstations to servers to network devices from evolving cyber threats. The Cloud Security Architect and Community Lead (CSA-CL) will focus on accelerating similar offerings for multiple Cloud Service Providers (CSP).
The CSA-CL leads the public Cloud Technology Communities under their care and orchestrates the development of community driven Benchmark documents, Automated Assessment Content (AAC), and Build Kits.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team identifying, defining and documenting security requirements for key Cloud services on various Cloud platforms (AWS, CGP, Azure, etc.)
- Lead multiple public consensus teams on continual development and release of security best practice guidance with a focus on cloud platforms and services.
- Lead and guide others through the overall Benchmark development process and community relations
- Collaborate with the team to develop, maintain and own Benchmark delivery schedules based on market priority
- Develop strategies to maintain and grow these communities
- Use CIS tools to develop, test and deliver Benchmark prose, Automated Assessment Content (SCAP, XCCDF, OVAL, etc.) and Build Kits
- Coordinate internal/external resources, but also directly contribute as able to achieve deliveries (based on technical expertise)
- Develop test plans for Benchmark recommendations, AAC, and Build Kits
- Coordinate testing internally/externally and validate results
- Mentor and coach team members in a technical capacity
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field*
- 4+ years of professional Systems Administration or similar experience
- 2+ years of professional cloud experience (engineering/administration) and the practical application of Cybersecurity concepts and issues
- 2+ years of team leadership experience including project management, coaching and mentoring
- Hands-on experience designing secure, available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS, Google or Azure, and using/securing cloud computing, networking, storage, and database services
- Demonstrated understanding of the Shared Responsibility Model along with security features and tools that the CSP’s provide and how they relate to traditional services
- Experience working in a diverse geographically distributed community (Open Source software development, Standards development, etc.)
- Experience using or developing configuration security guidance (CIS Benchmarks, DISA STIGs, Vendor Guidance, etc.)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
It’s a Plus if You Have:
- (ISC)2 CISSP certification
- Proficiency using Atlassian products Jira and Confluence.
- Experience within the security automation domain, including expertise in Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) related schemas, such as Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language (OVAL), Extensible Configuration Checklist Description Format (XCCDF), Common Configuration Enumeration (CCE) and Common Platform Enumeration (CPE), etc.
- Strong knowledge of the different service models offered in the cloud (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, and FaaS)
- Experience within the security automation domain, including expertise in Security Content
- PMI PMP certification
- Experience with Agile processes