Cloud Dev Ops Software Engineer (Remote) at SpyFu
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
We are seeking a Cloud Ops Engineer to help make our 100-petabyte real time data operation / million user website into a self-healing alien spaceship.
SpyFu scrapes and processes thousands of web pages every second through an AWS pipeline of Lambda, SQS, S3, SNS, Opensearch, DynamoDB, Athena. 15 seconds later, the resulting data is live on spyfu.com.
It’s a massive, cutting edge operation – and it works flawlessly most of the time. But, sometimes when it doesn’t, we have to *do* something. SpyFu should be able to run itself with no human intervention – and that’s where you come in.
Production experience and a strong 24/7 uptime mentality are critical. Your goal is to automate downtime response, but when something slips through, it’s go time.
- 2+ years experience automating Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud operations
- Production experience with 3 or more of (Lambda, SQS, S3, SNS, Cloudwatch)
- Scripting AND programming experience AWS CLI
- Internetworking knowledge: DNS, IP Routing, TCP, HTTP, SSL
- 24/7 uptime mentality
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Nice to Have:
- Opensearch, Elasticsearch, Lucene, or Solr
- Athena, DynamoDB, MySQL, MS SQL
- Python, SQL, Batch, Powershell
- Experience with in Petabyte-scale data operation
- Dev Ops – Deployment automation, CI/CD
- Production experience with Microsoft Servers, VMs
- Cost and performance engineering passion
SpyFu is a self-funded, profitable, and growing SaaS company. We started the company, in Scottsdale, AZ – and most of our employees live here. But, we’re fully remote and our common hours are Mountain Time. We still have an IRL culture; we get together for lunch and parties – play ping pong, drink beer, etc. It’s optional, but if you’re nearby it’s cool to hang out. If you get the job, you’d be the 20th full-time employee. So, you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact.
- We have the best possible Health and Dental benefits. Walk into the Mayo Clinic like you own the place.
- A 401k with 4% match
- Flexible work hours. Just get things done, be available for meetings, and fix stuff when it breaks. Otherwise, do whatever works best for you.
- Bring your cat to work. Or your dog. Or your kids – whatever, because you’re at your own house chillin’ and getting stuff done with the people and things you love. Like a boss.
SpyFu is an Equal Opportunity employer. We’re LGBTQ+ and specifically trans-friendly/competent. We value diversity, inclusiveness, and empowerment. This isn’t corporate speak – this is who we are as people. We do everything we can to create a safe and respectful workplace, and we’ll always have your back.
Location: US Locations Only