Clinical Terminology Analyst at Flatiron
Clinical Terminology Analyst (Contractor, Flexible Hours)
We’re looking for a Clinical Terminologist to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. This contract position will require up to 35 hours of work each week and is expected to last for up to two (2) years. Here’s what you need to know about the role.
What You’ll Do
You will support Flatiron’s Data Harmonization and Medical Informatics teams in harmonizing data from source EMR and client conversions. You will work with Flatiron’s medical informaticists and harmonization team to ensure that our harmonized data is of the highest quality. In this contract position, you’ll also:
- Perform semantic mapping of clinical or administrative data from a customer’s clinical system to standard reference terminology or a Flatiron clinical code set
- Develop related process documents
- Perform quality assurance on clinical mappings
- Track terminology mapping assignments and progress
- Support terminology migration projects as requested
- Maintain and update the centralized content library controlling all of Flatiron’s central data/value sets
Who You Are
- Degree in Nursing (R.N., A.P.N.) or P.A.-C.
- Knowledge of clinical oncology, oncology data, and oncology related data sets
- 2+ years hands-on clinical experience.
- Great clinical grasp of drug indications and interpretation of lab results.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with Payer/Billing Data
- Strong organizational skills
- Great critical thinker
- Excited about and not afraid to learn new technologies
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Be friendly, fun, and generally awesome to be around
- Knowledge of standard controlled vocabularies and terminologies like ICD-9, ICD-10, RxNorm, NDC, CPT, and HCPCS
- Experience working with at least one Electronic Health Record (EHR) system (e.g.: Epic, MOSAIQ, Varian, Cerner)
- Understanding of databases or knowledge in SQL
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!