Clinical Data Abstractor at Ciox Health
Clinical Data Abstractor
- Job Locations: US-Remote
- Requisition ID: 2020-14441
- Category: Operations
- Collect data for clinical research projects
- Validate data in response to quality checks on collected data
- Assist with compilation of project-specific abstraction and coding manual updates
- Clinical data abstraction and/or coding:
- Perform clinical data abstraction and/or provide clinical coding expertise (ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and/or other classification).
- Perform data collection for adjudicator preparation
- Redact documentation from record copies according to project specifications.
- Provide input into the updating and maintenance of current abstraction manual to include client question & answer tracking as well as references and instructions distributed to abstraction / coding staff.
- Represent CIOX Health to clients in a professional manner through conference calls and electronic interaction.
- Assist in recommending action plans to improve abstracted and/or coded data.
- Participate, as assigned, in the implementation of action plan items and assist in conducting follow-up studies to assess the impact of quality improvement efforts.
- Assist in testing new and revised abstraction databases, as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of project requirements related to clinical data abstraction and relevant clinical coding.
- Maintain current clinical data abstraction and relevant clinical coding skills.
- Track completion of assigned work and report status, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Adapt to changes in client study timelines and requirements, travel schedules (as appropriate) and project assignments.
- Submit timesheets, expense reports, time off requests, and other pertinent forms in accordance with CIOX Health.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and security of all homebased office medical record / PHI containing copies and electronic files, ensuring active copy security during and outside of work hours.
- Prepare project-specific reports as required.
- Communicate potential concerns or problems to Director / Clinical Data Integrity Manager / Lead Abstractor / Project Manager, as appropriate.
- Any or other additional responsibilities assigned by the Clinical Data Integrity Manager or Director.
- Location: Remote
- Status: FT
- Schedule: M-F; flexible
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!