Client Software Development Kit Developer Advocate Manager at vonage
Client SDK Developer Advocate Manager
As a Client SDK Manager focusing on Programmable Conversations (IP-based messaging, audio, and video) at Nexmo, you’ll be responsible for supporting a group of developer advocates to help them serve our developer community. We provide an excellent developer experience (DX) by providing API feedback to internal teams, working closely with partners that are integrating the product, and producing demos and documentation for the wider developer community.
This is a flexible role, encompassing line management, product management and even a little development work as an individual contributor if that’s important to you.
What you’ll do:
- Approach each day with positivity. How can we turn what appears to be a problem into an opportunity?
- Manage a group of Developer Advocates, including supporting their career growth and resolving any issues faced
- Work with product and engineering to understand the upcoming roadmap and ensure that the developer experience is the best it can be on launch day for each feature
- Help the team turn a complex product into something that is easy to understand for external consumers through documentation, demos and SDKs
- Advocate for Developer Relations within the company and raise the profile of the work we’re delivering
- Act as an internal advocate for customers by documenting and analyzing feedback in a structured way and work with product/engineering to serve our communities
Who you are:
- Empathy is a core value for you. You see the best intentions in all actions and help move things forward
- You care deeply about developers and understand their processes and frustrations
- You’ve led teams and are passionate about growing and managing people to their full potential
- Experience of writing technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience
- Comfortable working across all internal functional areas (product, engineering, marketing) to deliver team goals and build good relationships with all stakeholders
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!