Client-Facing Senior Accountant – Select U.S. States at BooksTime
100% REMOTE Client-Facing Senior Accountant
- A top-notch accountant?
- Experienced in small business bookkeeping?
- Interested in joining a growing, dynamic startup?
If so, this opportunity is for you!
BooksTime is looking for an exceptional accountant to join our small but growing team as a Senior Accountant & Bookkeeping Team Supervisor. This role is 100% remote.
Instructions on how to apply may be found at the bottom of this page. A cover letter is required.
Who we are:
BooksTime is a relatively new but securely funded full-service accounting & bookkeeping startup. We started in 2016 and we’re growing fast. For more information, check out our website: bookstime.com.
Please note that we don’t provide tax or assurance services.
What you’ll do:
As Senior Accountant / Bookkeeping Team Supervisor, you’ll:
- Manage the onboarding process for new clients: You’ll work closely with new clients to develop a clear understanding of their needs. You’ll design their service plan and set up efficient and effective bookkeeping workflows.
- Oversee services for a portfolio of clients:You’ll supervise a team of bookkeepers to ensure each client’s needs are met on an ongoing basis. You will serve as the primary point of contact for the client and help with any requests that go beyond the abilities of the bookkeepers you supervise. Often this means acting as an outsourced CFO or Controller for the client.
You may occasionally be asked to help with related work in other areas of the business. We’re a fast-growing startup, so from time to time we ask everyone to help out with projects beyond their normal range of responsibilities. For example, every once in a while, you could be involved in setting up a bank account, researching a regulation, comparing insurance policies or payroll service providers, and more.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Experienced. We need an accountant who has handled the accounting for multiple different small businesses and/or non-profits (either working within the organization or in an accounting/bookkeeping firm). The ideal candidate has had titles like: CFO, VP of Finance, Director of Accounting, Finance Manager, Controller, Full Charge Bookkeeper, Senior Accountant, etc. Management experience is very valuable for this role. However, candidates must also have experience working directly in QuickBooks (not just supervising someone who does).
- Knowledgeable. You must have an excellent understanding of accounting & bookkeeping best practices. The ideal candidate has a degree in accounting or a closely related field such as finance, business or economics, though this isn’t strictly required. Being a CPA is a plus, but not required. Same goes for being a ProAdvisor.
- Highly organized. You need to juggle multiple clients with different services and coordinate the work of a diverse team of bookkeepers. This requires exceptional organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Great at building strong, personal relationships. You are the primary contact for a set of clients. It’s important that you establish a personal rapport with the clients. More than just a bookkeeper, the goal in this position is to become a trusted advisor to each client. This takes relationship-building skills and a friendly, outgoing attitude.
- Detail-oriented. Clients judge us a lot by our accuracy and precision. The ideal candidate hates making mistakes and is extremely detail-oriented.
- A great communicator. As the face of BooksTime to the client, you should have excellent professional communication skills. You’ll need to be perfectly fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Tech-savvy. You’ll need to be adept with computers and good at figuring out new systems and tools. Excel expertise is preferred. QuickBooks Online and/or Desktop experience is required. Experience with other accounting software, such as Xero, Intacct, or FreshBooks, is not required but would definitely be a big plus.
- An adaptable, fast learner.Every client has a different set of software, processes, requirements, etc., so each new client is a learning experience. We need someone who feels very comfortable diving in and figuring things out independently (though there will always be people who can help!). If you’re at your happiest maintaining a well-established process that someone else designed, it might not be the ideal role for you. If you love looking for creative solutions to new problems all the time, we want you!
Why join BooksTime:
- Make history. Our startup is still fairly small, but we have big plans to disrupt the accounting and bookkeeping industry. This is a great opportunity to get in early at a startup that, we believe, is on its way to becoming an industry leader.
- Do work that matters.The projects you’ll be working on will be critical to the success of the company and our clients.
- Flexible hours. We work at all hours, so we can design a schedule that works for you. Both part time and full time roles are available. Please note, while this is a highly flexible role availability during business hours is required and some availability in the mornings is also needed.
- Grow with the company. As our company continues to grow, there will be many opportunities to take on new responsibilities and grow professionally.
- Work that stays fresh. You’ll have with a diverse portfolio of 10-30 clients (depending on their size) in a broad range of industries, using a variety of different software and all with different goals and personality types. There will always be tons of opportunities to learn new things. Plus, given the pace of change at our growing startup, we can pretty much guarantee that you’ll never be bored.
Constant Improvement. One of core values at BooksTime is Constant Improvement. It applies to everything we do. We’re always pushing to do better, from thinking of new ways to “wow” our clients to discovering opportunities to make internal processes more efficient. Our goal is become the #1 bookkeeping firm in the country — and our relentless focus on Constant Improvement is what will get us there. Every member of our team plays a role, and you’ll have an especially big role to play in this position. We can’t wait to hear your ideas about how we can do better. If you’re looking for a role that gives you ample opportunity to make a big impact — you’ve found it!
Please note, we’re currently seeking applicants in CST and EST time zones.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!