Claims Vendor Account Manager at Markel
Claims Vendor Account Manager
- Remote USA
What we look for
- Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength.
- Our employees provide the highest level of customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in the global marketplace.
- The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our competitors. It’s our core value which should underpin how we do business, while influencing our behavior and performance.
- We are looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
- The Vendor Account Manager is responsible for managing vendor engagement, performance management, and serves as the primary liaison for claims vendor services.
- The associate will collaborate with claims business leaders and other stakeholders, to identify vendor partners that meet our qualitative requirements while supporting expense management.
- The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker with strong communication & presentation skills and can effectively analyze metrics and identify trends to support productive vendor partnerships.
- Responsible for administering pipeline for potential vendors, negotiating rates, and leading the onboarding process
- Leads the stewardship and vendor renewal process, coordinates claim reviews, and ensures vendor adherence to our requirements and guidelines
- Gather data and run reports necessary to analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), measure and evaluate vendor performance
- Execute internal/external customer training on CVMO systems and standard operating procedures
- Primary point of contact for claim vendor service needs
- Collaborate with Vendor Relations team to create and deploy vendor communications
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal customers to understand business needs
- Prepare and deliver vendor performance success to key partners, senior leaders, and associates
- Maintain and update non-legal vendor database
- Assist with departmental and organizational projects
- Bachelor Degree required
- Claims designations and/or certifications preferred
- 3-5 years of vendor and/or claims account management experience. Associate level claims or insurance knowledge.
- Proven ability to resolve issues with multiple stakeholders and maintain continuity of effective relationship management
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Operate with minimal supervision and comfortable working on a virtual team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Thinks innovatively about customer service and providing efficient solutions
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!