CERTIFIED CODER at Molina Healthcare
CERTIFIED CODER – REMOTE
Job ID 2024266
Provides support to the business by making sure proper ICD-10 and CPT codes are reported accurately to maintain compliance and to minimize risk and denials.
- Performs on-going chart reviews and abstracts diagnosis codes
- Develop an understanding of current billing practices in provider offices to ensure that diagnosis and CPT codes are submitted accordingly
- Documents results/findings from chart reviews and provides feedback to management, providers, and office staff
- Provides training and education to network of providers on how to improve their risk adjustment knowledge as well as provide coding updates related to Risk Adjustment
- Builds positive relationships between providers and Molina by providing coding assistance when necessary
- Responsible for administrative duties such as planning, scheduling of chart reviews, obtaining of medical records, and provider training and education
- Assists in coordinating management activities with other departments in Molina including Finance, Revenue analytics, Claims and Encounters, and Medical Directors
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years previous coding experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively interface with staff, clinicians, and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers, and customers
- Maintain knowledge in the latest coding guidelines (official through CMS) as well as AHA Coding Clinic guidance
Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required License, Certification, Association
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Familiar with HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories) Risk Adjustment Model
- Background in supporting risk adjustment management activities and clinical informatics
- Experience with Risk Adjustment Data Validation
Preferred License, Certification, Association
- Certified Risk Adjustment Coder – (CRC)
- Certified Professional Payer – Payer (CPC-P)
- Certified Coding Specialist – Physician based (CCS-P)
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Pay Range: $17.85 – $38.69 / HOURLY
*Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
Molina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500 organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full Time