Career Coach at FlexJobs
- Full-time employee, flexible schedule, remote
- Locations: CA, CO, CT, FL, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MN, NC, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA
Who We Are
Our mission is to help people find the best work from home and flexible jobs in an easier, safer, and faster way. We are committed to doing this internally and externally with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In the past 13 years, FlexJobs has established itself as the leader in the professional flexible job market to help job seekers connect with employers that offer these highly desired arrangements, as well as to help employers reach these candidates. We do this by utilizing both technology and human intelligence to provide a friendly, effective, and valuable service.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk. This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Having a great company culture is really important to us and we’ve been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about our current team, you can explore our Team & Culture page. (https://www.flexjobs.com/FlexJobsTeam.aspx)
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced career coach and resume writer to join our team and provide one-on-one career coaching sessions to FlexJobs members, as well as review and update member resumes.
You will need to understand coaching fundamentals, career advising, and the job search process with a particular focus on flexible and remote job searching. You’ll also need to be an experienced resume writer who is skilled at editing and updating resumes to optimize them for an individual client’s needs. The workload on an average day will be roughly 35% coaching and 65% resume writing. This is a fast-paced environment that requires excellent time-management skills and a comfort level with setting time boundaries for clients and yourself.
The members you work with will be from a wide variety of locations, backgrounds, education levels, and personal circumstances. You’ll need to believe deeply in the importance of empowering professionals to take hold of their career development, execute a strategic job search, and find a better way to work through work flexibility.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work with the career coaching team to assist FlexJobs members with their job search questions through one-on-one 30-minute sessions conducted remotely via phone or video calls. You’ll also be responsible for reviewing and heavily updating member resumes, with a particular emphasis on targeting remote and flexible jobs.
You’ll be responsible for organizing your coaching schedule and available sessions and keeping excellent records of coaching sessions and other client communications.
- 5+ years of resume writing and editing experience for a wide range of clients from different career fields, experience levels, and backgrounds
- 5+ years of career coaching/advising/counseling experience, including some experience working with clients in a virtual or remote setting
- Familiarity with the flexible and remote job market for professional-level candidates, which includes remote jobs, flexible schedule jobs, professional part-time roles, and freelance or contract jobs
- Experience coaching clients in the following situations: returning to work after a break or a layoff, career transition or change, job searching with a chronic health issue or illness, and other special situations
- Experience working with a collaborative team of coaches, both offering support for your fellow coaches, and relying on teammates to support you
- Experience or interest in presenting online webinars on career/job searching topics for job seekers
- Experience using digital communication tools like Zoom, instant messaging programs like Slack, scheduling programs like Calendly, and related tools to interact with coaching clients
- Bachelor’s degree—extra credit if you’ve earned a master’s—in a related area like counseling, career development, or HR
Bonus Points Given
- Personal experience using FlexJobs as a job seeker
- Professionally active on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) related to job and career coaching
Traits and Skills for This Role
- Ability to offer constructive, positive feedback, advice, and information to people of diverse professional and life backgrounds
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word for resume writing and design, and Google Drive for team collaboration and client information management
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment; flexible and adaptable to grow with an evolving program
- Resourcefulness, with the ability to pull the most applicable information from FlexJobs and our trusted resources and tailoring meetings based on clients’ needs
- High emotional intelligence; ability to empathize and help people handle stressful situations
- Motivational, creative, positive, patient, organized, and have excellent presentation skills
Traits Required of All Team Members, You Included
- A sense of pride in your work
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position on a growing team with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including: high-speed Internet access, a fast computer, and phone access where you can provide a professional and secure space for interaction with coaching clients
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
How to Apply
If this job description makes you feel as if it was written perfectly for you, then please apply! What we’ll need:
- An intro email/cover letter telling us why you want to work for FlexJobs (vs. another company)
- What makes you a great fit for this position
- What hourly rate (based on a full-time, hourly schedule) you would be comfortable with
- Complete this Pairin assessment
- A current resume in doc, docx, pdf, markdown, or txt
Applications can be sent through FlexJobs or by email to jobs@flexjobs com.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!