Care Coordinator at Cartwheel Care
Join Cartwheel to help tackle the student mental health crisis.
Kids spend most of their days in the classroom. And teachers and staff, who play a vital role in their development, are often the first to notice when something is off. But with 1 in 5 young people struggling with mental health, schools are getting crushed by a downward spiral in student crises and staff burnout.
With large increases in federal funding for schools and the rise of telehealth, schools are reimagining what mental health support can look like.
Cartwheel is a seed stage startup building technology-enabled mental health services that put schools at the center. We see our role as supporting on-campus counselors, psychologists, and school social workers who see kids every day. Instead of going around them, we collaborate with them. This means:
- Earlier intervention
- Higher student and family engagement in care
- Better coordination among the trusted adults in a student’s life
Kids shouldn’t just aspire to get out of bed and drag themselves to class. They should be able to experience joy. They deserve to envision and build a life they’re excited to live. If you join Cartwheel, you’ll help make this vision a reality for millions of students across the country. We’re backed by top investors including General Catalyst, BoxGroup, and Able Partners, and we’re looking for scrappy, mission-driven teammates to join our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a team-oriented and mission-driven Care Coordinator to serve as a welcoming first point of contact for students and families and guide them through their Cartwheel care journey.
As a Care Coordinator, you’ll play a central role in enabling care delivery in a fast-growing company transforming mental health care. You’ll work directly with students and families to guide them through their journey with Cartwheel and help coordinate our interdisciplinary Cartwheel Care Team of therapists and psychiatrists to ensure students receive excellent care. You’re a great fit for this role if you have experience working with families and are eager to help young people access the services they need. For example, you may be a former administrative assistant, clinic administrator, or office coordinator.
Role type: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Location: Up to 100% remote
Start date: Rolling start dates as soon as possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as the welcoming first point of contact to Cartwheel for students and families in the intake process
- Educate students, families, and school staff on Cartwheel’s services
- Manage scheduling for Cartwheel’s care team, working directly with Cartwheel’s Care Manager, clinicians, students, and families
- Gather feedback from students and families, and work with Cartwheel’s leadership team to improve Cartwheel’s services
WHO YOU ARE
- Fluency in a second language (priority for Spanish and/or Portuguese)
- Experience coordinating directly with kids and/or families and helping them feel welcome, respected, and informed
- Excellent organization, communication, and teamwork skills
- Ability to learn quickly and desire to join an early-stage, rapidly-growing organization
- Optional: Ability to work an afternoon and evening schedule
- Optional: Experience working in school settings and/or healthcare clinics
- Clinical license not required
The above is a summary of the role, not an exhaustive list. If you think that you have most of the above but not everything, please apply. We’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE CARTWHEEL
- Team-based work environment with mission-driven colleagues
- Up to 100% remote role
- Competitive compensation ($50-60K cash compensation depending on experience)
- Health and dental insurance
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
Cartwheel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diverse backgrounds and perspectives and an inclusive work environment. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, or veteran status.