Cardio Surgery Coder
GeBBS Healthcare Solutions, an industry leader in Health Information Management (HIM) and Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) solutions, is seeking highly-motivated individuals with a passion for excellence & collaboration, for careers in the healthcare industry.
Job Title: Cardio Surgery Coder
The primary responsibility of the Cardio Surgery Coder is to assign appropriate CPT/HCPCS/ICD-10 CM codes based on medical record documentation, as needed for various clients contracted with GeBBS Healthcare Solutions. Current AAPC or AHIMA certifications required. This could be a full time or part time position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review medical records for Cardio Surgery payer types to determine and assign all CPT/HCPCS/Modifier/ICD-10-CM codes, as appropriate.
- Direct entry into proprietary software, database, or practice management system.
- Maintains current and relevant knowledge of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements, as defined by the governing body.
- Must be able to meet productivity standards, as assigned by GeBBS coding leadership, and the specific client deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain 95% accuracy in ongoing quality assurance reviews as required by GeBBS internal QA policy.
- Must agree to all corporate security and privacy policies in accordance to GeBBS policy.
- Additional duties as necessary to meet the obligations to our clients.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Certification from AHIMA or AAPC: Must hold at least one of the following certifications: RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, COC. Certification of CCVTC is preferred.
- Expertise in Physicians at Teaching Hospitals (PATH) requirements and guidelines.
- Expertise in Cardiothoracic surgery coding and documentation requirements.
- Minimum 3 years of Cardiothoracic surgery coding experience preferred.
- IVR coding experience preferred.
- Pediatric Cardiology Surgery experience preferred.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills by completing assignments within time constraints and calendar schedule.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with clients, coding staff, and GeBBS corporate staff.
- Successful completion of GeBBS background screening and hiring process.
- Successful completion of GeBBS screening exam(s) with a passing score of 80% or greater.
- EPIC, NextGen, Allscripts, Centricity, Cerner, MS Word, MS Excel experience preferred.
Why Work at GeBBS?
GeBBS delivers a people-oriented, equal opportunity culture that supports a friendly work environment, innovative ideas, and a benefits-rich employee package.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Eligibility
We provide strategic solutions to an expanding customer base of healthcare providers, and medical billing companies. With a current staff of over 4,000 professionals, GeBBS is a 7-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the nation’s fastest growing companies.
People are our greatest asset is much more than just an expression to GeBBS. We make every effort to foster an environment where our teams can find an ideal balance between work and fun. Employees at GeBBS believe in being client-centric, open and ethical, innovative, and outcome-driven.
Equal Opportunity Employer
GeBBS is an equal opportunity employer and believes in creating a supportive and diverse workplace. We want to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, the Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate.
- City: Remote