Campaigns Coordinator at Animal Equality
$55,000 $58,000 Annually
Position Location: Remote, US-based
Terms of Employment: Full-time, At-Will, Exempt
Reports to: Corporate Campaigns Manager
- You will work alongside a team of extraordinary people who, with compassion, effectiveness and determination, give their best every day to end the atrocities of factory farming.
- We are looking for a fearless and strong Campaigns Coordinator to create and implement our campaigns, focusing on public information campaigns about major food companies that refuse to make meaningful animal welfare policies. This person will also support our plan-based campaigns and other campaigns in the US/
- The right person for the role will be a resilient and energetic individual with a strong work ethic and a creative mindset. The successful candidate will demonstrate a sound understanding of advocacy, media, traditional and digital strategies to ensure that change for animals is achieved.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research key details of companies, including corporate structure, history, animal protection standards, leadership, social media handles, and affiliates
- Develop campaign strategy and schedule of campaign tactics to help reach decision-makers
- Use a data-based approach to grow our Animal Protectors digital activism email list
- Develop and increase strong volunteer action network to mobilize volunteers to take actions on campaigns including calls and emails to corporate decision-makers, posting on social media and attending protests
- Organize protests and events as instructed that maximize the success and visibility of Animal Equality’s campaigns
- Draft letters to company board members, shareholders, and other stakeholders
- Facilitate video and web page development for campaigns
- Manage logistics of advertisement placement in newspapers, creation of mobile billboards, coordination and execution of demonstrations across the US and petition drops, and other creative tactics
- Draft and post blogs related to campaign actions and successes
- Assist the Corporate Outreach Department with other tasks, as assigned by manager
- A commitment to Animal Equality’s vision, mission, strategy and culture.
- Two years of experience in nonprofits, public affairs, corporate affairs, government relations, issue advocacy, corporate campaigning, grassroots campaigning, political organizing, communications, marketing, or related field
- Vision, insight, creativity, and a strategic outlook
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, especially when faced with confrontational situations and while under pressure
- Initiative, resourcefulness, adaptability, and an unbeatable work ethic
- Proven track record of meeting ambitious objectives
- Comfort working within time constraints and meeting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy
- Ability to travel within the US
- Self-motivation to work independently as well as a collegial personality conducive to teamwork
- Exceptional level of organization, efficiency, and ability to multitask
- Willingness and ability to travel when required and to work outside of usual office hours, on occasion, for events and demonstrations.
- Thorough knowledge of farmed animal issues
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, and PPT), Google Suite (particularly Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
- Experience with or comfort learning new technological platforms such as Asana, Zoom, Slack, Grav and Salesforce.
Salary and Benefits:
$55,0000-58,000 annually. Benefits package includes 100% employer-covered health, dental, vision insurance, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 2 floating holidays, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.
When you apply for a job at Animal Equality, we collect personal data from you during the evaluation process, including your name, contact information, resume, and cover letter. We may retain this data for internal purposes for up to 1 year, including after the hiring process is complete, to consider you for future employment. Please let us know if you would prefer we delete your data in the event we select another candidate. We will not sell or share your information with any third party.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more