Call Center Team Lead at Discovery Health Partners
Call Center Team Lead
Discovery Health Partners offers payment and revenue integrity solutions that help health payers improve revenue, avoid costs, and enhance the member experience. We offer a unique combination of deep healthcare expertise and analytics-powered technology solutions to help our clients improve operational efficiency, achieve financial integrity, and generate measurable results.
In addition to managing a substantial (50%) workload, the Call Center Team Lead will work with the Call Center Supervisor to assure that the team meets its performance metrics, quality performance, and business objectives. The duties require an advanced knowledge of the Call Center and all related processes. This position will report to the Call Center Supervisor.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB FUNCTION:
- Complying with HIPAA regulations as well as Discovery’s HIPAA and Information Security policies and procedures, including required training and incident reporting.
- Monitor call volumes and agent statuses
- Answer questions from the agents regarding call procedures and best practices
- Answer and mitigate escalation calls to reduce risk of abrasion
- Monitor and coach agents on their soft skills
- Report and monitor technical issues experienced by the agents to ensure efficiency
- Manage a moderate volume of inbound calls in a timely manner
- Record detailed and accurate case information obtained from calls or written correspondence
- Research and request case information to develop cases
- Access and acquire benefit information from clients’ remote health claim systems
- Maintain department productivity and quality standards
- Follow client specific procedures and guidelines
- Provide excellent customer service
- Strong communication and client interfacing skills
- Ability to diffuse escalated calls and remain calm under pressure
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with team members and seek the assistance of Management if needed.
- Conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner with all team members.
- Good organizational, analytical and independent decision-making skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet associated timelines
- Good written and oral communication skills to interact with all levels within the organization
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, internet research skills
- Minimum 50 WPM typing
Discovery Health Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience
- 2 years of work experience in health insurance and/or call center experience
REMOTE, United States
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!