Virtual California Paralegal – Probate & Estates
- Remote job
Equivity is looking for a part-time California-qualified paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in estate planning and probate. We are looking for paralegals with at least four years of experience in estate planning in the state of California, including preparation of estate planning documents utilizing estate-planning-specific and case management software. The ideal candidate will also have at least three years of experience working with attorneys in probate law in California. If you have deep experience supporting attorneys in estate planning and probate, and have previously assisted attorneys remotely, we want to hear from you!
Virtual paralegals at Equivity develop a portfolio of clients supporting a number of different attorneys. We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal to support attorneys with estate planning and probate practices. Your experience should include assisting with preparation of wills and trusts, powers of attorney, and documents involving the transfer of property such as deeds. Because many of our clients rely on estate planning-specific software, you should have experience using programs like WealthCounsel or HotDocs. You should also be adept at using practice management software, such as Clio or MyCase; Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; and editing PDFs.
More about our company:
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide paralegal, administrative and marketing support. Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications during the business within one hour by email, phone, and text and be available to work on projects throughout the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee of Equivity, not an independent contractor. We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $20.50 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of recent experience working as a paralegal in estate planning and/or probate in California
- Paralegal certificate (qualified as a paralegal in California) with up-to-date MCLE
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Experience preparing wills and trusts, powers of attorney, and documents involving the transfer of property
- Experience preparing pleadings, motions, petitions, and guardianship applications for a probate law office
- Experience with estate planning software, preferably Wealth Counsel
- Experience using practice management software, preferably Clio, PC Law, or Serengeti
- Expert proficiency with utilizing all programs within Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Advanced proficiency with Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Experience editing PDFs
- Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM – 6 PM, Monday – Friday Pacific Time
- Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
- Quiet location in which to take phone calls