Business Development Operational Lead at Brighthouse Financial
Business Development Operational Lead
Work Location: Charlotte, NC (hybrid) or Fully Remote: To protect the health and safety of our employees, our offices are closed. When our offices reopen, the organization will be moving to a hybrid work model.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Business Development Operational Lead will support the completion and delivery of operational activities required for successful completion of conversions and growth initiatives initiated through the Business Development Process such as new products or distributors. This is an exciting opportunity to help build the operational processes around delivering new Life Insurance and Annuity products/ enhancements.
- Manage operational readiness projects in support of administrative systems conversions and growth initiatives (e.g., new product / rider launches), including managing related milestones and dependencies
- Lead working sessions with internal stakeholders and third-party administrators (TPAs) to document operational procedures, requirements, and impacts resulting from conversions and growth initiatives
- Partner with Life and Annuity Ops SMEs to define and execute business customer testing in support of conversions and growth initiatives
- Lead change management relating to procedural update and process inventory maintenance
- Develop detailed workplans and monitor status
- Additional duties as requested
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 8+ years of experience with a focus on operations processes, workflows, project management, and process improvement
- Experience in the life insurance and annuity industry preferred
- Adaptable, comfortable with driving change
- Proficient MS Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Customer-centric mindset, ability to prioritize and resolve issues
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal, relationship building skills, and a client-service mindset
- Time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage priorities and communicate expectations and responsibilities with stakeholders
- Compensation: Base salary ranging from $80,000 to $100,000 plus competitive performance-based incentives determined by company and individual results
- Time Off: Minimum of 20 days of paid time off and 13 paid company holidays per full calendar year, plus paid volunteer time
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan with up to a 6% annual match and 3% annual company nondiscretionary contribution of eligible compensation, and employee stock purchase plan
- Family Focus: Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, and adoption and surrogacy assistance
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with potential company contributions up to $1,000 per family
- Wellness Programs: Wellness incentive platform, employee assistance program, financial counseling services, fitness center discounts and more
- • Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!