Business Development Manager – Semiconductor at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Business Development Manager Semiconductor, Process Monitoring
Location: Santa Clara, CA; remote, US
The Chemical Analysis Division (CAD) features innovative analytics, from Lab to Line to Field. The business serves a wide breath of industrial markets including pharmaceutical, food and beverage, environmental, process minerals, mining, coal, cement and metals, as well as academic, government, safety, and security.
How will you make an impact?
The Business Development Manager position is a field-based management job accountable for sales results in North America region for the Process Monitoring product line. The position is responsible for lead generation, new customer enrollments and revenue objectives for product line in the North America region through the appropriate Thermo Fisher channels. The process will tap into an individual’s entrepreneurial skills in developing new business in Thermo Fisher Scientific focused in supporting customers selling process monitors into the Semiconductor Industry. The incumbent is expected to prospect, pitch for and close new business, realizing the quotes and orders, develop and maintain effective Go to Market Strategies in the region.
What will you do?
- Be a consultant to customers in the Semicon space: Engage end customers directly to understand customer needs supporting their long term growth. Determine how existing products add value to customer’s workflow, gaps with current offering and develop future business opportunities
- Develop and implement effective region strategies (including leveraging partners such as Channels / integrators and service providers) to drive new customer enrollment, increase market penetration and achieve sales revenue objectives.
- Be the voice of the customer internally to provide feedback to R&D , Marketing and other functional teams to strengthen value proposition messaging, product & solution offerings to customers
- Develop playbooks to target groups of customers within specific subsegments of Semicon
- Front ending the customers (end customers and channel partners) interactions including communications, sales pitching, solution providing, be the bridge between BU teams and customers
- Creates cross division network in the region, works with the network on day to day basis to create more prospects, enroll new customers and close sales opportunities.
- Partners with BU colleagues in marketing, technical support, finance, customer care, legal/regulatory and commercial operations to provide timely solutions to the customers to maximize sales revenue.
- Expectations are that all significant commercial activities and opportunities will be input and managed in the CRM system in accordance with Commercial policies, procedures, and conventions.
- Aligns and implement the global commercial strategy in the region. Also provides consistent market and customer feedback to BU teams and division leaders.
- Ensure a financially sound operation with solid corporate governance and compliance. Manage the business’s budget appropriately.
- Monitor market intelligence and keep abreast of competition, economics, and the regulatory environment.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
- BA or BS required. Preferably in engineering or physical sciences area.
- Requires minimum 5 years experience in Business Development and Sales management, at least 3 years of sales experience in selling into the Semiconductor Industry.
- Experience or demonstrable understanding of business practices in Semiconductor Industry with experience in Process Monitoring offerings strongly preferred
- Experience of working in ‘Start from Scratch’ environment or Greenfield projects
- Experience of working through various types of GTM’s (Direct, Indirect – Channel Partners, Consultants)
- Experience of Quote to Cash (QTC) process in previous roles will be an added advantage
- Experience in working in high collaboration space and matrixed environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficient in strategic and tactical thinking about the business, developing actionable business plans and demonstrates how to achieve those plans.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate with many diverse customer audiences. Communication skills include excellent listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams globally, and with different sales teams within the region.
- A collaborative, result-oriented individual, A Go Getter.
- Relentlessly positive attitude, and commitment to learn and develop
- Requires ~50% travel.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!