Business Development Associate – Memberships at Devex
Business Development Associate – Memberships
Remote, N/A, United States
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can’t wait to make it even more. We live our mission and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 120+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
Do you know global development? Do you have 1-2 years of experience in consultative sales or sales development? Are you excited to be a part of a dynamic company that’s growing and has an open, teamwork-focused culture? Read on.
You’re results-oriented, curious, love to listen, and can adapt on the fly. You thrive in an environment where you’re responsible for your own work (but you get the support you need). You also strive to really understand your clients’ needs and offer them the right solution.
Does this sound like you? If you just said “yes,” keep reading…
What you’ll do here
If you’ve read this far, we know that you want to know more. What will you do as the Business Development Associate on the Memberships team?
In your first 90 days you’ll:
- Work directly with the funding and recruitment teams to establish a deep understanding of Devex’s Membership products and services
- Join and lead account management and sales calls
- Have closed high-value opportunities to meet your revenue targets
- Start to build your sales pipeline and identify (70%) inbound and (30%) outbound opportunities
- Have a solid understanding of how we use SalesForce
- Take on North American, Australian, Central and South American markets
By the time you finish your first year you’ll have:
- Managed a pipeline through a full sales life cycle, to close. You will use your skills in evaluation and negotiation to close opportunities and achieve established monthly or quarterly revenue goals
- Conducted evaluations and consulted Members based on unique needs, and use strategic thinking to best position Devex’s Memberships products and services
- Grown our subscription business through inbound online leads and phone outreach. You might have the opportunity to attend in-person meetings in DC too.
- Developed a strategic plan for top accounts and improved your regions’ sales strategy
- Developed a solid understanding of the landscape and mechanics of development funding and recruitment
- Elevated Devex’s status as the go-to funding platform for the global development community
- 1-2 years of professional experience, including internship and externship roles
- Bachelor’s degree from an accreditated university
- Work authorization in the United States
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Sales, BD or fundraising experience with a development, global health, humanitarian aid organization, or media company
- Basic tech knowledge (you know what an API is and how to explain it to our users)
- Salesforce, or a comparable CRM used to manage pipeline and other sales lifecycle efforts
- Proficient level of spoken and written Spanish
What You’ll Love About Us
- Company Culture. We strive to live by our values. We care about you and work/life balance, which means flexible work hours. We are passionate about global development and social impact.
- Rest and Relaxation. 15 days paid vacation, 11 paid holidays, 2 YAY days to learn or adventure as you like, a week-long enterprise-wide break in August and December to rest and recharge.
- Health Benefits. Health, vision and dental.
- Prepare for the Future. Simple IRA with employer matching.
- Learning and career development. In-house professional development, wellness activities, and quarterly coaching from your team lead. Each team has a training budget.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!