Business Analyst at Acrisure
Title: Business Analyst
Location: US National
Classifications: Remote Full-Time
Why Choose Acrisure?
In record time, Acrisure has become the fastest growing insurance broker globally. A top 20 player a few years ago, we are now in the top 10 of insurance broker globally, with ambitious plans to continue growing at pace. Beyond our growth, our dedication to client service, as fueled by our business model and culture, means that Acrisure’s opportunity is to be the most relevant and successful, privately held insurance broker in the industry.
Our model is unique. Through a network of agency partners that provide local service with global reach, we work in service of two core objectives: create value, and be a good partner.
Our culture is strong. We are a collaborative company of entrepreneurial, innovative, and talented people who believe in our future. We out think and out work the competition. We look outside our walls and are energized by our fast-paced trajectory.
Our vision for the future is clear. We have limitless potential to achieve unprecedented success in the insurance industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join this growing team and immediately make an impact to the overall success of the company. If you are interested in collaborating with good people who celebrate entrepreneurialism and work with commonality of purpose, Acrisure is the place for you.
The Business Analyst/Data Analyst role is responsible for the quality, automation, access and auditing of data stored in the Epic database as well as managing custom data conversions into the database. This role will work with various business channels to extract data or build reports to support their business strategies and will work with the enterprise data warehouse team as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project management and technical oversight of custom conversions such as Brokerage Builder, Gen4, Microsoft CRM and other systems to ensure as much data as possible is preserved in a usable way in the new database. Take proactive measures to understand the business needs and ensure operational success upon conversion completion. Work with the Epic Implementation Manager
- Build import files in Excel for client and policy imports to Epic. Give direction to the agency partners on data collection for Epic implementation.
- Merge data sets from multiple sources using composite keys.
- Build reports from the Bulk Data Extract for end users, managers and corporate support teams. Build reports based on exposure and coverage data as well as audit reports for conversion process.
- SME for Epic data as it relates to the Enterprise Data Warehouse ETL.
- Build BDE extraction process for third party systems.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree or the recognized equivalent in education and experience, required
- Five years of experience with insurance data, required
- SQL experience, Required
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of data analysis and data manipulation.
- Strong organizational leader with expert understanding of Epic data.
- Experience with multiple data conversions to Applied Epic.
- Strong phone communication and follow up skills to lead efficient and effective calls with agency partners and move their data migration to completion.
- Highly productive while also maintaining complete accuracy.
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- Functional understanding of standard data integrity principles.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms.
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!