Business Analyst at EK Health Services
- Fully Remote
- Bill Review
EK Health has a new opportunity as a Business Analyst!
EK Health Services is transforming managed care with the mission to restore quality of life through innovative and cost-effective managed care solutions. We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our bill review department who has a passion for improving operational efficiencies and driving billing analytics requirements. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on analyst who can translate industry and client specifications into clear requirements, liaison with the IT team, assist with technical problem solving, and perform application root cause analysis.
Position specifics: Exempt position, working remotely
The job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with members of the Bill Review team to optimize bill processing workflow.
- Work closely with the Manager of Compliance regarding new and existing regulations
- Interpret existing billing or fee schedule regulations as they relate to the company business
- Clearly document new business and technical requirements and communicate specifications to our technology team
- Provide fee schedule guidance and compliance support to project and product teams
- Reviews all specific details of state fee schedule regulations, billing codes, and reimbursement guidelines.
- Analyze application issues with focus on identifying root cause and prevention.
- Review validation edits, special audits, testing, and assignments as needed regarding state rules and fee schedule regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- BS preferred in related field
- 5+ years of experience as a business or systems analyst.
- Experience in healthcare industry preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret regulations with developers/ programmers
- Demonstrated ability to organize and plan complex tasks
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Organization Skills
- Basic SQL skills for data analysis
- High comfort level with computers and computer programs (MS Word, MS Excel, E-mail)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure, time sensitive environment
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- Sit (approx. 75-100% of the time), stand (approx. 0-25% of the time), type (approx. 75-100% of the time) and do the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EK Health Services has built a reputation for offering superior, goal-oriented Workers’ Compensation case management, utilization review, and bill review services. Our emphasis on medical excellence, superior service, impartial reporting, and case resolution is the driving force behind our consistent annual growth.
Employees are provided with competitive compensation and benefits, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, PTO, and 401k.
EK is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. EK does not practice, tolerate, or condone unlawful discrimination based on any protected status or the perception of such status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!