Brand Designer at Axios
Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We’re hiring a Brand Designer!
Why it Matters: We are looking for a Brand Designer to join our Design team. This person will collaborate across different teams at Axios, by creating and making sure our brand is properly positioned in: marketing channels, events, sales materials, web, email, social, native products and beyond.
A successful candidate will understand and anticipate the company’s needs, and be able to capture both existing and new audiences with unique and compelling designs.
Go Deeper: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Translate topics strategically, intuitively, and creatively through graphic applications that represents the Axios visual language
- Create unique concepts that address the company’s growth, product ambition, and challenges
- Ensure our brand visual identity is maintained across all channels and touchpoints
- Participate in design dialogue and contribute to our culture
- Lead brand initiatives, from creative concept to iterations of mockups
- Manage vendors when necessary and make sure high-quality is expected on everything we do
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Incredibly strong and sophisticated design sensibility and attention to detail
- Experience creating design assets to meet brand, marketing, and product needs for email, icons, social marketing campaigns, and new product launches
- Ability to articulate and advocate for design decisions to both immediate and larger teams
- Comfort with both creative and strategic design approaches
- Knowledge of good design foundations, including typography, balance, colors, and composition in general across different outcomes
- Proactively seeks and applies constructive feedback from cross-functional colleagues at all levels
- Deep empathy towards end-users
- Ability to collaborate closely and effectively with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and follow creative direction
- Motion graphics experience a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.