Bookkeeping Manager at Masterpiece Bookkeeping
Masterpiece Bookkeeping, LLC is excited to be hiring a remote, full time Bookkeeping Manager.
A bit about us: We believe in providing great jobs for incredible humans. You’ll have the flexibility to set your schedule to ensure your hours are supportive of the team and clients. Full-time is expected to work 35-40 hours per week – no crazy overtime! We believe that culture eats strategy for breakfast, and strive to create an awesome work environment. A fulfilled team will absolutely take care of the work and our clients. Check out our values and know that it’s not just lip service.
Looking to be part of leading a small, enthusiastic, remote team that works to improve the lives of small business owners?
We need your help to fulfill our vision that every entrepreneur has clean, up to date books and uses those numbers in helping build their dream business. We are looking for a bookkeeping expert AND team-oriented rock star to play a pivotal role. If you are equally excited to dig into a messy set of books and have conversations about them, this opportunity may be for you!
As the Bookkeeping Manager, you will be running the bookkeeping show. Your professionalism and commitment to getting it RIGHT will allow you to thrive in our company.
The bookkeepers report to you, and it’s your job to support them. You’ll make sure that all projects are moving along smoothly, offering assistance and instruction when necessary. You’re a resource for the team for questions, learning opportunities, and client escalations. Your workload also includes onboarding new clients in collaboration with the team. Your extensive experience will be utilized in creating strategy/approach and jumping in on complicated areas. Review and quality of work lies with you.
You’ll use your customer service charm both internally with the team and externally with clients. Your ease and willingness to be accountable and proactive will ensure your success.
Strong technological experience and comfort using cloud accounting software (QBO) is required, as well as being able to quickly learn a variety of client specific cloud platforms. You should feel confident you can look at ANY set of books, untangle it, and decide the best way to proceed. Ideal candidates have past experiences working professionally in a remote position with multiple client projects, cleanup and audit-type work, while successfully creating a positive team environment.
- Supporting bookkeeping staff, including training new team members, helping with questions and escalations, and fostering a company culture in line with our values.
- Managing bookkeeping workload, making sure projects are completed/running smoothly, managing capacity, and covering for time off.
- Overseeing completion of new client online systems setup, accounts cleanup, and developing clear workflows and handing off to bookkeepers.
- Owning the bookkeeping processes, including the Bookkeeping Procedures Manual and ensuring individual client processes are documented and up to date.
- Supporting company growth and capacity by handling project and/or regular bookkeeping client work as needed and assigned.
- Reviewing bookkeepers’ work for accuracy and procedure compliance including providing feedback to bookkeepers and providing deliverables to clients.
- Preparing and submitting sales tax reporting and 1099s, updating cash flow forecasts, budgets, and performing other custom client specific services.
- Managing year-end closing and preparation of financial packets for tax preparer.
- Serving as point person for client communications on problems, new projects or inquiries.
- Working on other operational projects as they come up.
- 7 years (minimum) related bookkeeping experience, including general ledger, bank reconciliations, bookkeeping best practices and financial reporting
- Experience working with CPAs/tax preparers
- 5 years (minimum) experience as a supervisor/manager with a minimum team of 3
- 5 years (minimum) customer service experience
- Excel in use of QuickBooks Online, spreadsheets and cloud-based platforms
- Friendly demeanor – internally and externally
- Encouraging & supportive of others
- Professional experience with remote/virtual work environment
- Familiarity with small business practices
- Detailed oriented
- Strong sense of urgency/deadline & priority driven
- Excellent communication – written and verbal
- QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification
- Associates Degree (or higher) in Accounting
This position is eligible for a salary of $65,000 – $75,000 dependent upon experience.
Application instructions – NOTE that you must follow these instructions to be considered!
When applying for this position please provide your resume and cover letter and include a paragraph about why this role is an awesome fit for YOU, as well as your favorite summer drink. BONUS: to make your application really stand out, create a short 1-2 minute video sharing why you’d be excited to join us and we’d be lucky to have you (doesn’t have to be perfect, we just want to hear from you!) Candidates will be required to successfully pass our bookkeeping test as a well as a background check. We are only accepting applicants electronically – no phone calls please.