Bookkeeper – Accounting Clerk at Western Resource Advocates
Temporary Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk
WRA is seeking a temporary Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk to join our team part-time this summer!
Nevada Desert National Wildlife Refuge
Western Resource Advocates (WRA) is seeking a temporary part-time (on average 15 hours per week) Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk to perform day to day accounting tasks. This temporary position lasts for approximately four months, starting as early as May 10, 2021, and ending on September 17, 2021. The temporary Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk reports to WRA’s Vice President of Finance and Administration and ensures the continued smooth functioning of our finance operations while WRA’s Accounting Manager is on sabbatical.
ABOUT WESTERN RESOURCE ADVOCATES
Founded in 1989, Western Resource Advocates is dedicated to protecting the West’s land, air, and water to ensure that vibrant communities exist in balance with nature. We use law, science, and economics to craft innovative solutions to the most pressing conservation issues in the region within three core program areas: Clean Energy, Healthy Rivers and Western Lands.
In the face of population growth and climate change, the Western United States needs a strong and effective advocacy voice at the regional level to address changes that are already underway and to steer the West towards a sustainable future. WRA has aggressive plans to tackle these challenges. We envision a future in the West where:
- Western rivers and lakes will have abundant clean water to support habitat for fish and wildlife, communities and agriculture, and world class recreational opportunities. The Colorado River will flow to the sea;
- Our homes, buildings and transportation systems will be powered by clean energy. The West will prosper in a zero-carbon economy;
- Half of western landscapes and habitat will be protected and connected to support thriving wildlife populations and unparalleled opportunities to enjoy the West’s natural beauty; and
- The West will have clean air and clean water to support healthy communities and vital habitat.
This position can be done remotely from anywhere within the United States. Some availability during WRA’s regular office hours (Monday-Friday 9:00 AM 5:00 PM Mountain Time) is required for communication and collaboration.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Record general ledger entries;
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations;
- Assist with monthly financial preparation;
- Process weekly accounts payable; and
- Other accounting tasks as assigned.
- Experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting Software;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including Pivot Tables;
- Proficiency with computers and general office equipment;
- Skill in working with Microsoft Office suite of products;
- Good written and verbal communication skills; and
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
HOURS, WAGES AND BENEFITS
Temporary part-time, non-exempt position, for an average of 15 hours per week for $25.00 per hour. Sick leave available and accrues at 0.046154 hours of sick leave earned for each hour of work. Because this position is temporary, it does not include any other benefits.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON A ROLLING BASIS UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Diversity and inclusion are a critical component of our business strategy, mission and vision. We welcome candidates from an array of backgrounds and experiences to join our team. Learn more about our commitment here: https://westernresourceadvocates.org/#commitment-to-diversity.
Western Resource Advocates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!